Part 11

"This better be important I'm in the middle of something important you want me to crunch the numbers to see exactly how likely the radiation will travel to Earth don't you?" Dr. Bellum said clearly annoyed.

"She fell out of little space"

"Thats impossible the bracelet should be in full effect right now, did something happen?"

"No, I was just sitting with her in my lap when she woke up and screamed. At first, I thought she had a nightmare but then she started wiggling around and hitting me. I mean obviously, it didn't hurt or anything but I didn't expect it and loosened my grip and she ran into the corner of the room." Commander Brunt said obviously worried for her little.

"I see, while it is odd that she fell out of little space since she has the bracelet this isn't exactly what I would call an emergency." Dr. Bellum said.

"Well I say it is, if it ain't working like it's supposed to that means something is wrong which in turn might mean it could be hurting her in some way."

"A fair point but I still wouldn't call it an emergency just something of reasonable concern-"

"Just take a look and see what's wrong." Commander Brunt said, Dr. Bellum, rolled her eyes walking over to the little who was in the corner shaking."

"It's alright sweetheart I'm just gonna take a look at your bracelet alright." Dr. Bellum said as she softly grabbed her arm and made a ticking sound with her tongue.

"Well there's the problem it looks like your little was using the bracelet as a teething ring." Dr. Bellum said amused with a smirk on her face.

"It probably short circuited some of the wires she's lucky she didn't get shocked, just to be safe I'll take it off but I don't see there being any health problems as a result of it malfunctioning. As you know this is not something you can just have extras of nor  the materials to fix it something we would have in the cargo holds. We are docking at the Amper space center in two days time to stock up on supplies before we make our journey to our next destination, I should have no problem finding the parts I need there."

"Is that place like an alien mall?" she said lifting her head up.

Commander Brunt smiled, "Thats one way to put it, yeah, there are a few of these throughout the galaxy, there used for large ships to stock up on whatever they as well as a break for the crew members. Most things we have a currency to buy but some rarer thing you barter for. Basically, these places have different items from all the different planets so we can try food from different planets and things like that does that make sense kiddo?" Commander Brunt smiles as she watches her little nod her head slightly.

"Um- could- well could I-"

"I'm guessing you would want to look around" Commander Brunt chuckled as she stood up and walked over to her before kneeling down in front of her little.

"As long as you behave I don't see why that would be a problem we'll be dock there for a few days anyway so that all the crew members can have a turn to look around without threatening the safety of the ships."

Dr. Bellum nodded. "It would also be a good way for you to get used to those from other planets that don't look human, most species look nothing like you humans. It would also be a good way to get you some toys for when you're in little space."

Commander Brunts sighs picking her little up and after a moment of struggling she stops moving and just lets her hold her. "I get that your not gonna be exactly comfterble especially since you won't be in little space so I'll make a deal with you, until we get your bracelet fixed I won't force ya to use your diaper though your gonna have to wear them since we didn't exactly bring any underwear for ya, these next two days will determine if we go or not, so you got to be on your best behavior alright?"

"Thanks" 

"Of course kiddo, I get this is hard for ya but I am just doing what is in your best interest."

"Um, could I try some food to then?"

"You can try food from our ship but not at the center it would take a while for me to figure out what is edible for you and what isn't-"

"I'm sure you can handle it, just get the list of the main food booths at the food court we might as well get her use to different foods sooner than later."

"You really love giving me extra work don't you?" Dr. Bellum said with a huff.

"Alright I'll see what I can do first thing is first let's get that bracelet of you, we're definitely going to need to get you a teething ring when we get there."