Chapter two: telling everyone else

Peeta woke up and looked around the room when he relized katniss was gone. He got out of bed and rubbed his eyes before putting on his shirt and walking downstairs. "Hey peeta!" Prim said in her cheerful voice. He flashed a quick smile. "Where's katniss?"

"she went to the woods to hunt with gale." Peeta noded and grabbed his jacket and shoes. He made his way to the gate, finding the spot katniss uses. He had never been on the other side like katniss and gale and whether he'd admit it or not he was scared to go. 

He walked threw the woods untill he heard other footsteps. He turned and saw gale. "What are you doing here?" Gale asked anyoed. "I'm looking for my girlfriend." Gale rolled his eyes. "Where is she?" Peeta asked. "Not sure. I was looking for her, she just covered her mouth and took off." Peeta's eyed widened. 

"Oh no." He muttered. They started looking around untill peeta noticed her bow and heard her sob's. They were very quiet, gale wouldn't have even noticed them. He followed the sound and found katniss bent over infront of a tree crying. Peeta bent down and saw that she had been throwing up. 

He rubbed her back and she looked up at him. He whipped her eyes and she sighed. "I hate this." She mumbled and he noded. "I'm sorry." He helped her up and went to kiss her as gale found them. "Peeta what are you doing? I was just throwing up last night's dinner and todays breakfast." 

He looked at her. "Do you really think I care?" She shrugged. "I don't know, but I know I care." He sighed and noded. "Catnip what happened?" Peeta rolled his eyes and gale handed her, her bow. "Upset stomach." She mumbled and he noded. "Why'd you come out here?" Kat asked peeta. 

"I woke up and you were gone. Wanted to check on you, and you know we need to talk." She groand and noded. "Your right." She mumbled. Gale steped away to let them talk. "We need to tell my parents." Katniss noded. "I know, it's just your mom doesn't exactly like me." He sighed too. "I know, but we have to. And better to just get it over with." She noded. 

"Gale I have to go. Sorry." He noded and they hide her stuff and went to the bakery. They walked inside and without looking up his mother said "peeta where were you? I needed you to decorate cakes." He sighed and grabbed katniss' hand. "Katniss needed me." She rolled her her and looked at them. 

"Ok what do you need?" Katniss sighed and looked at peeta. "Uh, well. Um." Peeta reponded. "Spit it out!" His mother groand. "I'm pregnant!" Katniss excaliamed in fear. Peeta looked at her in shock. His mother's face drownd in sorrow. "Your what?" "You heard me." Katniss replied. "Oh my God!" She exclamed. 

Katniss looked at peeta in worry. "When did this happen?" Peeta sighed. "In the victory tour last month, but Kat found out last night and was a reck." Katniss noded softly but they could still tell she was very unsure about the baby. "Katniss I'm sorry." His mother hugged her. "I'm sorry for the way I've treated you." 

Katniss noded after she pulled away. "It's ok I guess." She mumbled. His mother smiled warmly as his father came in. "What's all the noise?" His mother turned to him. "Somone is getting a grand child." His eyes widened and he looked at his son and katniss. "Really?" They noded and a smile grew on his face. 

Katniss smiled softly. "Peeta, I'm sorry I have to go." He looked at her. "Why?" "I still need to tell gale." He noded and katniss left his house and made her way to gales. She knocked on the door and Posy opend it. "Katniss!" She squeled and Kat picked her up. "Hi posy! Is gale here?" She nodded. 

She smiled and they walked inside. Katniss sighed as it reminded her of her house from the seem. She walked into the main room and saw gale sitting there. She sighed and walked over. "Hey." She said softly and he looked at her and posy. "Hey catnip." He replied. 

"I'm sorry about what happened." He noded. "Why'd you leave?" She sighed, "we had to uh, well, we had something to take care of." He rolled his eyes. "Oh, well did you get it done?" She noded. "Mostly. I just need to get it down with you now." 

He looked at her confused. Posy got bored and ran off. "Gale, I know this might be hard to hear, but I'm pregnant, and it's peetas." His heart shattered. "Congratulations." She said in anyoince and left. She sighed before getting up and leaving his house. The whole way home thinking about gale, why was he so mad? He knew he and katniss would never be together. And the baby. She didn't want it growing up in this world. But little did she know it might not even get to grow up. Or it could Only fate would tell.