Chapter three: baby girl

*A month later*

Katniss sighed as she briaded her hair and looked at herself. Today was the first day she and gale were going hunting since found out about the pregnancy. She took a deep breath and grabbed her jacket before walking downstairs. She made her way to the medow and grabbed her bow. 

She walked to her and gales meeting spot and found him. She smiled softly just knowing he actually came. "Long time no see." He turned and saw her. She wasn't showing much yet but a tiny bit. But if you already knew you would notice more. Like the fact that her stomach had grown a bit or her breasts had grown a bit too. 

They stood in an akward silence untill gale spoke up. "So, how are you feeling?" She looked at him confused. "What do you mean?" He sughed, "the baby, how are you feeling?" She smiled softly. "Tired, but good. How's your family?" He smiled softly at her. "They're good, but they miss you coming over." 

Katniss smiled and noded. They walked around untill katniss saw a bird in a tree. She pulled her arrow back and shot it in the eye. They both smiled and she grabbed it. "So do you guys know the gender yet or is it to early to tell?" Katniss smiled again, "we found out the other day, it's a girl." He smiled too and the continued to hunt for a bit before heading home for the qourter quell announcement.

Katniss sat down with Peeta in his house. It was more so their house now. His family stayed at the bakery and live there and her family lives in her house across the street but after finding herself pregnant she moved in with Peeta across the street to be closer. She was tarrifed and peeta held her as the fan fair played. 

President snow's words were all blurted together Untill she heard him announce the most horrifying thing. "This year's tribuets will be reaped from the existing pool of Victor's in each district!" Katniss gasped and started crying. Peeta sat in shock before looking at katniss who had her head in her knees. 

"Oh my God!" Katniss cried and peeta pulled her into a hug. "Peeta I'm going to lose her!" She sobbed and he felt tears rolling down his face. "Katniss." he didn't know what to say so he just went qiuet. She looked up at him. "Peeta." He looked at her sorrowfuly. He placed his hand on her stomach, "stay with us baby girl." He whispered and katniss started to cry again and he hugged her.

"Peeta, I can't go back!" She sobbed and he started crying harder. "Katniss look at me!" She looked up at him and he whipped her tears. "She'll be ok." She didn't answer but just stayed in his arms. "Peeta?" She asked qiuetly and he looked at her. "If something happens-" he cut her off. "Nothing will happen." "Just let me finsih." He sighed and noded. 

"If something happens to me, promise me that nothing will happen to you." He noded, "I promise." "But I won't let anything happen to either of you." He kissed her as haymitch came barging in. "Hello love birds!" His voice wasn't drunk, he was upset and or pissed, most likely at the Capitol.

They looked at him and he emidetly felt sorrow and pain for them. Katniss had just finally except that she was pregnant and was actually very happy and excited and now everything has been burned down for her. "Haymitch I need to talk to you." Katniss said softly and pulled away from peetas hug. 

He noded as she pulled him outside. "Katniss?" Haymitch asked softly. "Haymitch peeta lives, not me." She said softly and he was shocked. "But katniss." She shook her head. "If the baby dies I wouldnt want to live either, you help him not me!" You could hear the desperation in her voice. 

"Ok, if they call his name I'll volunteer but if they call my name and he volunteers there's nothing I can do." She noded and he hugged her. She walked back inside and peeta smiled softly. "You want something to eat?" She noded and he made some dinner. They sat down at the table and ate. 

"You'll be ok." She looked at him with a soft smile. "Please don't leave me in the arena, if you go." He noded. "Id never." She smiled softly and he grabbed her hand. "I love you. Both of you." "We love you too.