Chapter five: the tribuet parade

Katniss walked over and sat down which starteld Effie. "What are you doing? You need your sleep." Katniss sighed, "I couldn't." Effie noded. "Who's that?" Katniss asked softly, looking at effies picture. "My son." Effie said in a heartbreaking voice just above a whisper. Katniss heart broke for her. "Can I ask what happened?" Effie noded. 

"he was murdered. it's why I'm so obssed with being spot on, perfect and on time. He was kill cause we were five minutes late to snows mantion for a meeting. He would have been five tomorrow." A couple more tears rolled down effies face. "When did it?" "Two years ago, he was three. The year before you and peeta won." 

Now that katniss had thought about it she had seen him every year at the reaping after he was born and she remembers the year Effie was pregnant at the 70th hunger games reaping. He would run around and play, but he never had a father with him or Effie. "What was his name?"

Effie smiled softly knowing katniss actually cared. "It was Ben." She smiled softly too. "Why did it make you?" She didn't have to finish, Effie understood. "we were late because he wasn't feeling good and I was giving him some medicine which cause us to be a few minutes and they blamed him and the peace keepers started losing it with me and he told them to stop yelling at me and one lost it and shot him. I don't know why, but they were arrested." 

Katniss gasped out of shock and hugged her. They ended up talking The rest of the night and didn't even realize. "Morning sweethearts." Haymitch said as he walked in and they looked up. "Oh my God." Katniss mumbled and Effie laughed. "Peeta's goona be mad." She mumbled and Effie smiled. "Blame it on me." She noded as peeta came in. 

"why'd you stay up all night?" "Effie was lecturing me all night on needing to be nice to cecear." Peeta looked at Effie and she noded. He shrugged it off and grabbed some food. The boys sat down and katniss looked at Effie who seemed to be day dreaming. A tear fell from her eye and katniss sighed. "I'm sorry." 

Everyone was confused as Effie snapped out of it. "What?" "I'm sorry, about Ben." She noded, "it's ok, just focus on you two. I better get ready." She got up and walk out of the room to get ready for the capital. "What was that?" Haymitch asked and katniss shook her head. "It's not my place to say." They noded and ate breakfast before getting dressed.

*************

Cinna walked into the room which katniss was in. She sat on the tabble but this time in her robe. He looked at her and sighed. "Hey." She looked up and he hugged her. "You don't deserve this." She nodded. "Haymitch told me." "He did?" Cinna noded. "If he didn't I wouldn't have been able to fix your dress size." She noded. 

He did her makeup and her hair before bringing in the dress. She put in on and smiled. "Does it fit? Or is it to tight?" She shook her head. "It fits perfectly." He smiled, "good, now turn, I want to make sure it doesn't show your bump." She noded and did as he said. "Good. Your ready." She nodded and they walked to the parade. 

Peeta smiled when he saw her. "You look beautiful." She smiled and he kissed her. "Peeta, I need to speak with you." He noded and went with cinna and haymitch. Katniss turned to her horse and started petting it. "How did we end up here?" She asked to the horse but was talking to the baby. 

"want a sugar cube?" She looked up at finick. "No thanks." He nodded and ate it." "You look pretty tarrifing in that get up, what happend to the little girl dresses?" Katniss rolled her eyes, "I out grew them." She replied with anyoince. He walked away as peeta came back. "How are you guys?" Peeta whsipered do no other tribuets, mentors, prep teams, stylists or escorts heard.

She smiled softly. "We're good. She's really hyper right now." She whispered back and she smiled. He hugged her and making sure nobody could see, he put his hand on her stomach and felt their daughter kicking. He smiled as they pulled away and katniss kissed him real quick. 

Johanna passed them and Rolled her eyes. "Tributes mount up!" They got on and Cinna handed peeta a button. "Press this when your ready." They noded and they started moving. Katniss grabbed peetas hand and they looked straight ahead. But they weren't smiling. 

Peeta pressed it and their clothes went up in fake flamed causing the crowed to go crazy. They pulled past president snow and katniss glared at him. When they got back katniss, peeta, and haymitch walked into an elevator.

Johanna walked in too, "you guys looked amazing, my stylist is such an idot, district seven lumber, how I'd love to put my axe in her face!" Katniss rolled her eyes at joahhan as she looked at peeta. "Un zip?" He unzipped her dress and katniss looked at him in anyoince. Haymitch was trying to contain his laughter. 

"Now what do you think that the whole world wants to sleep with you?" Katniss scoffed. "I don't think-" "I wasn't talking to you." She finsihed taking off all her clothes and the elevator opened. "Let's do it agian some time!" She yelled as she walked off and when it closed katniss turned to haymitch. "Joahnna Mason, district seven." Katniss sighed and they stood in silence the rest of the way to their apartment, all three dreading the next few weeks.