Chapter Four

Louis had sent him an address almost across to the other side of London in Hertfordshire. Surprisingly, he'd managed to sleep through most the night and Harry at least felt that the tiredness he'd first felt arriving in London was slowly ebbing away.

It was 8:57. He'd never been fond of being late, unlike someone. But he'd been sitting in his car across the street from Louis home for the past five minutes, his body refusing to move. His knuckles clenched against the steering wheel, and it was a conscious effort to relax them before they turned white.

He was nearing twenty six, are a world famous musician who's performed in front of millions, have been faced with countless media hounding's and impossible deadlines but somehow, sitting in front of his semi-bandmates' house, who also happened to be his ex-boyfriend, brought on more fear than any of that.

He was being silly at this point. Things hadn't ended in a fight, there had been no drama between the two of them, just heartbreak. The last time he'd seen Louis was at his 2016 X – Factor performance, and he'd come yes to see Louis, but mainly to support him through losing Jay, and they'd be fine. In fact, Louis had even pulled him in for a tight hug and whispered thank you. There was no reason he should be considering driving out of the city and forgetting all responsibilities he has. None.

And with that final thought he opens his car door and steps out into the frigid air. At least the rain had held off for today he thought to himself as he plunged his hands into his large sweater which acted more as a blanket than a real protection from the elements.

Louis' house was exactly as Harry thought it would be. Two stories of an elegant, yet comfortable styled home, much different than the three properties he owned across London but he liked it all the same.

A locked gateway greeted him as he wandered towards the property, he hesitated only briefly before pressing the buzzer and waited. There was a click and the sound of an electronic lock being moved when the gate light flicked from red to green and he gave the gate a gentle push.

There was a small pathway which lead up to the main house, as the property was slightly north of London, there was a lot more space for features such as a front garden. The neighbouring houses were over a fair lot, and judging from the garden which wrapped around either side of the house, there was also space behind the house for a backyard.

All of this flashed through Harry's mind by the time he'd made it across the pathway and up to the front door. He fought the slight shake in his hands as he pressed the doorbell and stepped back decisively from the front door.

Immediately, the sound of barking and scattering paws could be heard from inside. Growing louder as two large shapes' shadows appeared behind the thick coated glass either side of the main door.

"Oi!" A muffed shout could be heard from inside. "Fuckin' rude of ya." An all too familiar northern voice mumbled from behind the closed door and Harry honestly wanted the ground to swallow him in this moment. He could hear Louis' footsteps nearing the door but it did little to prepare him for when the door swung open and Louis stood there before him.

He'd changed, well... hadn't, but he looked... older? More mature? His hair had grown since Harry had last seen him, the brown locks falling to just below his ears and appeared to have had hands brush through it numerous times. Louis was still just as heartachingly beautiful as he'd remembered but seeing him actually in person was like a direct punch to the gut. He thought he'd spend the rest of his life with the person before him, but he felt for a moment like he was standing in front of a stranger. Louis is wearing a simply short sleeve black top and grey joggers, exactly as he always had when he was comfortable at home.