Chapter Seventeen

Arriving to the album release party, Mitch and Sarah either side of him feels like transporting back in time. How many events like this had he arrived to over the past nine and a half years, but this one was different, because it was Louis' album release he was here for tonight. He hadn't the faintest clue what to expect from tonight, wasn't sure he'd manage to hear a majority of the songs from the album tonight without feeling like he was suffocating.

He'd been so grateful when he'd asked Sarah and Mitch if they'd like to accompany him and they'd both agreed without a moment's hesitation.

The venue was somewhere he knows he been to before but can't quite remember. It's lit with a number of fancy, sparkling decorations which light up the space. Harry can only think of how un-Louis like it seems. At least it was for the Louis he'd once known.

They make their way inside, the security team outside barely needing a moment before nodding them through inside. Eager to calm the storm of photographers waiting outside who'd gone ballistic the moment he'd stepped out from the backseat of the vehicle.

This was the private release party for the album. He knew Louis had been caught up in the public release of the album, the parts which the fans would see only because of the bickering which had occurred all day on their group chat. Niall had been teasing him constantly after a fan had captured an off timed image of Louis with a hilarious expression on his face. Of course, this had provided endless entertainment for the Irishman until Louis had retorted by bombarding the group chat with screen shotted photos of some very unflattering expressions of Niall's over the years. Things had only progressed from there and it had become a full-on battle. None of them had been spared from the onslaught.

It was already crowded inside, the evening had started over an hour ago now. He'd gone with one of his more outgoing looks for tonight. The fact that all five of them were here celebrating the album release, the first time all together for such an occasion in years, was drawing in a tonne of media attention. Especially as it fell just three days after the reunion announcement which was still very much global news. Wearing one of his now signature 'Harry Styles' looks would only draw in more attention, or so Tilly had tried to tell him that morning.

Allesandro had sent him over three options, he'd gone sheer black long-sleeved lace top that was mostly unbuttoned and tucked into deep blue dress pants decorated with swirling white splotches down the material.

His hair was also slightly shorter than it had been for his own album release, somewhat resembling halfway between how he'd had it for the shooting of Dunkirk and how it had been in December.

"Good of you too show up!" He heard a familiar voice from his left and suddenly there was an arm thrown heavily around his shoulders.

            "Fashionably late right?" He said as he shot Niall a grin, who had definitely already had a drink or two.

"Niall this is Sarah and Mitch, guys, Niall." He said vaguely gesturing between the three people.

            "Ah! Your two of Harry's band joining us for tour right?"

"That's us, it's nice to meet you." Sarah said with a bright, warm smile. Mitch nodding towards Niall in acknowledgment.

            "Likewise, well enjoy your night I'm sure we'll bump into one another again during the night." And just like that he was gone.

"He means that." Harry only said as the three of them made their way further into the venue.

They'd been there for perhaps an hour when he finally caught sight of Louis. He'd caught up with Liam already for a bit earlier and got had caught sight of Zayn and Gigi twenty minutes ago. Sarah and Mitch had dutifully stayed by his side so far, despite his protests that that should go out and try meet some people. Mitch had shot him one look and Harry hadn't mentioned it again.