Chapter Thirteen

"Losers." Is the first thing Harry hears as he steps into the dressing room the next morning ready for the photoshoot. "That's the only insult you could come up with." Niall says with a whine from where he's sprawled over a couch in the far corner of the room. Already dressed in an open brown and white shirt tucked into dark pants.

            "I was distracted, it was the first thing I thought of." Zayn says in his defense and Louis snorts from where he sitting next to Zayn, phone in his hand.

And, fuck. Harry really wishes Louis hadn't spoken because it would have meant he could avoid looking at him for at least a while longer. Instead, his gaze flickers over to the man, dressed in a simple white shirt with a black jacket slung open over top and black skinny jeans which immediately brought Harry's mind tumbling back to 2015.

A knock sounded at the door before anything more could be said between them, three women walking into the room after Liam called out for them to come in.

He spends twenty minutes sitting before the make up mirror as his hair is styled and light coating of powder is applied over his face so that the stage lights don't overly expose against his skin.

He's directed towards a small rack of clothing choices, asked to choose between the outfits on display and for a moment he's stunned. He'd always only ever been told what to wear in shoots. Even now as a brand ambassador for Gucci, and even before then, he'd always just been handed what clothes to wear. Sure, all the clothes before him are ones he'd approved last month for his latest wardrobe of Gucci attire, but it still felt nice to have the choice in which he chose to wear.

He's barely changed into the open white and gold silk shirt and black dress pants with a slight flare at the bottom and chunky black boots when the five of them are called through.

They're in north east London at a discreet location where they know they have little risk of being found out by any members of the public. Still, black fences have been put up around the perimeter of the grounds so no prying eyes can see through to where they are led to an outside venue surrounded by camera equipment and lighting rigs.

"I know you've all gone through the schedule for today, but we're here for an hour and a half before we move to the other location. We're going for everyone being shot together for this first shoot, individual shots and small groups will be at the next location. I believe only Niall has worked with our photographer for today so boys this is Mario Lucero." Amanda tells them as they wander out onto the small set that's been placed outside. A tall, slim man somewhere in his sixties offers his hand out for all five of them to shake and with a nod of his head he begins directing them around the small set up. There's a black backdrop set up in one corner, an arrangement of chairs and low sofas set up before it and they're simply told to sit down and start having a conversation.

It's easy and fun, the five of them falling swiftly into a conversation once Niall takes the prompt and immediately decides to offer his opinion on the latest trend of owning a Hamster.

It's ridiculous, and so very them that Harry falls back into the rhythm of it within minutes. They shift around the different seating options frequently, for the most part ignoring the camera angled towards them as they talk and laugh with one another, topics falling away quickly to be replaced by the next outrageous comment.

They're mostly through the next setting, the five of them sprawled out against a dark brick wall when Louis shuffles his way in between him and Zayn, his thigh pressing into Harry before he tucks his legs up too his chest and throws his arms casually over his knees. A smile on his face and eyes bright, Louis looks like a true picture of content as Harry turns to him, a quizzical expression laced across his face.