The Past

"Could I talk to you separately?" Coriakin asked me as we entered his house.

"Yes, of course." My heart was beating faster as the seconds passed by because I knew that Coriakin knew who I was, and I couldn't wait to ask him about it.

"If you would like to eat something, the dining table is filled with food for your Majesties and your ship. Please make yourselves at home." Coriakin offered to the others.

"I'll meet you guys later." I told them and they nodded, walking towards the dining room as pointed out by Coriakin. "How do you know me?" I asked the magician as we headed towards what I assumed to be his study but it turned out to be the library.

"I knew your parents." He started. "I'm gravely sorry that I don't know this, but what is your name?" He asked me as we entered the room.

"Sophie Adams, sir."

"Sophie." He whispered. "Your name is just as beautiful as yourself."

"Thank you." I smiled as he pulled up two chairs with magic. "Who are you?" I asked and he knew what I meant.

"I'm a star, Sophie Adams." 

The room was very beautiful. It was a compact library with moving ladders - his Astrolobe. The books reached the ceiling and there were auroras moving around the top shelves of books. It was just the place that I would choose to live in.

"A star! Wow!" I had been very intrigued by stars ever since I was little and I had always wondered what stars were actually like

"A star! Wow!" I had been very intrigued by stars ever since I was little and I had always wondered what stars were actually like. Somehow, I just couldn't believe that they were supposed to be incandescent bodies. "How did you get to protect the Duffles?" I asked him as I took a seat.

"Aslan banished me from my original island because of some misdeeds and gave me the charge to take care of the Dufflepuds."

"What happened?" There was more to the story and I knew it.

"It is not for a child of Adam and Eve to learn of the misdeeds that a star can commit." He said, calmly.

"Then why do I have a feeling that it has something to do with me?" I asked, playing with the ring on my finger.

"You have a great eye." He sighed. "Your mother used to do that." He added, pointing to my hands and I smiled.

The atmosphere of the room was very tense. I had so many questions to ask him and I knew that he had just as many questions for me. "Why were you banished?" I asked, knowing that that time, he would answer.

"I helped King Frank and Queen Helen." I frowned, getting a little confused. "Stars are not supposed to directly guide human beings. We are only guiders. But I was in the inner council of your parents."

"That's not it." I prompted, sensing a lie in his truth.

"You have your father's senses." He smiled. "I wasn't banished because I helped your parents." He closed his eyes, not wanting to show me his disappointment in himself. "I was banished because I....I was the reason for your parents' death."