No Longer

"I'll have to go out now, Lucy." 

"Now?" She asked in wonder as she got ready for bed.

"Yeah, Caspian told me that he wanted to talk and he looked really tensed back at the island." I nibbled on my lower lip, tensed about why he was tensed. He wasn't the type to get riled up easily but something was definitely bothering him.

"But both of you better get to sleep soon." 

"Aye aye, captain." I gave her a salute before closing the door as I headed for our spot. "Caspian?" I whispered as I entered the deck.

"Sophie." He stood up in a hurry. He had been staring at the ground before I had called out his name. "Thank you for coming, I...."

"Caspian, you're scaring me." I walked towards him. "What is it?"

"I think that it will be better if we sit down." He suggested and I had no option but to nod.

"Are you okay?" I asked him as we sat on a short cardboard bench.

"I'm fine." He gave a shaky laugh and then looked at the floor. "Sophie, I need to confess something."

"Go ahead." 

Caspian was a lot taller than me but he looked very small that night. His shoulders were dropped and his hair was falling over his eyes. "I know that you overhead me telling Lilliandil that she was the most beautiful and....."

"Is that why you have been so worried about? I cannot believe that you took that one sentence into your head and you didn't even eat properly and-"

"Sophie." He put some loose hair behind my ear.

"Sorry." I realised that I had started rambling. "Caspian, don't worry about that." I held his hands in mine. "I know that you would never do anything to hurt me. I trust you more than anyone....more than myself."

"But I shouldn't have said that in the first place. I-I don't know why I feel like I have betrayed you or.....or that I have taken your love for granted and-"

"Hey." I placed my hand on his cheek. "I trust you."

"Can you forgive me?" 

"There is nothing to forgive you for. Besides, she really was beautiful." I smiled. "I don't blame you at all. Even I would have fallen for her but hey, I have a tall tree sitting right in front of me who makes everyone else seem incapable." I joked and he laughed for the first time that night.

He bent down and kissed my hands. "Thank you." He said. "Truly."

I smiled. The colour was returning to his face. "I really cannot believe that you were worried about such a small thing and you had me worried all night as well!" I said. "And Lucy asked us to go to bed early. I think she has caught on to us."

"Well, we better listen to her. I really don't want to face her angry side."

"It is not pretty." I told him, remembering the only time that I had seen the youngest Pevensie get angry. "And, for your information, I not only trust you with the truth. I trust you with my life."