Not Again

I headed to my cabin immediately. If there was someone who was threatening the lives of my people, they had to be dealt with. I was Sophie Adams and I never strayed away from a fight. Jonathan's broken nose was the proof of that.

I wondered how he was doing. My punch must have thought him a lesson.

Not now. Sophie.

There was a new prophecy.

Well, it was the oldest prophecy ever and I wondered why no one cared to mention that it had three stanzas altogether. The prophecy wasn't done with me, and it wasn't going to be for a long time. 

My life had become a fantasy series.

"Sophie, wait." Caspian hesitated as he entered the room in a hurry.

"What happened?" I asked him as I held my sword.

"Please do not leave."

"Why not?"

"I made a promise to you and I intend to keep it."

"Caspian, I'm not leaving Narnia. The Prophecy states that I need to defeat whoever this Green Witch is. She has a control over the mist and if we can defeat her, we will have no more delay."

"But....." He didn't know what to argue with but I knew that he was feeling uncertain.

"Plus, the Witch has the merpeople terrorized. They helped me remove the pathway of mist and they have also moved the current of the ocean. The ship is moving again." I reminded him. "We need all the allies that we can get. You know how everyone reacted after they found out who I was."

"That is true but-"

"And it is not like I have to defeat the Witch right away." I continued. "I can find out where her lair is and try to figure out a way to defeat her."

"The merpeople are our allies but are you sure that you want to go?"

"I do." I nodded. "I'll meet you on....." I walked over to the open maps and pointed to the next Island that lay waiting for us. ".....Ramandu's Island once I am done with what I need."

"Then it is settled." He nodded, standing by my side instantly. But hey, it wasn't his fault that my attention span was low. "But you are not going alone."

"Caspian, you cannot come with me and you know that."

"Not me. Tavros."

"The Navy General?" I lifted one eyebrow in confusion.

"He is the best fighter onboard and it will make me comfortable if he accompanies you. I cannot lose you in any way." He reminded me. "Not again."

I could see the way Caspian felt. His eyes were a daily reminder of that. He was concerned for my safety and was thoroughly worried that he couldn't accompany me himself. But he had a duty to abide by and so did I. "If it will keep your mind at rest, then he can come along." 

He wrapped his arms around me and I pulled him closer. Oh, how I missed him! "Nothing will keep my mind or heart at rest until you come back. Understood?"

I looked up at him. "Understood. Then I guess we better announce the new plan to everyone." I was about the head to the supply cabinet when Caspian pulled my hand and made me crash against his chest. "Caspia-"

He didn't let me finish. He was kissing me as if to let me forget about the whole situation. I wanted to protest and tell him that time was of the urgent here and how exactly I did that? I wrapped my arms around his neck.

Once we broke apart, he brushed my cheek. "Get back to me soon, Sophie."

I forced myself to look up at him and not melt in his arms. I would definitely have become a puddle if it wasn't for my concentration. "Be safe, Caspian."