The Serpent

"It's too late!" Lord Rhoop shouted. "It's too late!"

"It's gone under the boat." I heard one of the crewmen say.

A loud shout erupted from one of our own when the calmness of the water was destroyed, as the sea serpent rose from where it lay silent all the while, waiting for someone to revive it with fear. It snarled at us and started toying with us by showing that it was going to attack but didn't do so.

Right as it was going to charge, Eustace flew out of nowhere and blew fire at its face. "Eustace!" I shouted, fearing for his safety. He started scratching the serpent and clawing at its eyes while Reepicheep poked it with his rapier. 

"For Narnia!" I heard his voice. "Take that! And that!"

But just as Eustace flew away to have a better vantage point of attack, the sea serpent bit him and pushed him into the water. All of us were too shocked to say anything. Eustace escaped from its grasp but was thrown against the rock that he rescued Lord Rhoop from.

Lucy held onto my hand as Eustace blew fire right on the serpent's face. We had some hope of winning before Lord Rhoop threw his sword at Eustace, thinking that he was the figment of his imagination.

"No, the sword!" Ed exclaimed.

"Eustace!" Lucy shouted as the wounded dragon cried in pain and flew out of our sights and into the darkness.

Lord Rhoop hurried to the poop deck and pushed everyone away as he tried to take control of the ship but Drinian hit him on his head, making him unconscious. Drinian had saved us that day from Lord Rhoop's fear.

The ship shook once again and we knew that the battle wasn't over. "Now, crew!" Drinian shouted. "Get to your rowing positions. Oars at double speed!" He prepared to get us out of there.

There was only one way to win. "Aslan." I whispered.

Lucy looked at me and realised it as well. "Aslan. Please help us." She whispered.

A seagull flew into the island out of nowhere, showing us that there was a way out just like there was a way in. Lucy and I looked at each other and nodded. "Thank you."

The serpent was relentless as it headed towards us. "No!" I shouted as it started to curl itself across the deck but Malcolm pulled me and Lucy out of the space of capture. We thanked him in the small time that we got.

"Sophie! Ed!" Caspian shouted as he took control of the wheel. "We'll ramp the serpent. Smash her into the rocks."

"Steer her to port!" I shouted

"We'll keep it on the prow." Ed shouted as we rushed to attack the serpent.

"The flashlight?" I asked him as we caught up with Lucy.

"The flashlight." He smiled as he rushed to the dragon's lookout.

"What is he doing?" Lucy asked me as I rushed back to the poop deck.

"Saving us." I smiled and we got our weapons ready. "We have to attack the serpent until we have it in a corner to ramp it into the rock."

"Got it." She shouted as we got our bows ready and pointed at the serpent.

"Edmund!" All three of us shouted when the serpent attacked the dragon's head and threw it away. But Edmund was a smart lad. God, I can't believe that I just spoke in an English lit.

He started running back onto the deck and taunted the serpent. "Archers! At your position!" I shouted but it was Lucy's arrow that hit the serpent, right in the eye.

 "Archers! At your position!" I shouted but it was Lucy's arrow that hit the serpent, right in the eye

"Brace yourselves!" Caspian shouted as he pushed the serpent against the rock.

It hit the rock and cried in pain, but it had also tricked us into thinking that it had lost. It slithered towards the ship from under the boat and attacked us when Caspian and I lashed our swords at it. It withered in pain as we were able to cut off its ears. We looked at the ear and saw it disappear into green smoke. 

"Ha!" 

"We can beat this!"

We ordered the archers to continuously shoot at the serpent while the rest threw ropes against it and had it binded. "Oh, Ed." I whispered as I noticed him climbing onto the crow's nest.

All of the crew members, including Caspian, pulled the ropes into restraining the serpent while we archers attacked the serpent into getting restrained. We waited for Ed to take his action. I looked up at him and noticed that his sword started to go blue.

"Yes, Eustace!" I shouted, knowing that he had gotten the swords to the Table in time.

Edmund drove his sword into the mouth of the serpent Harry-Potter-style. We should rename it to Edmund-Pevensie-style, I'm telling you.

"Yes, Edmund!" Lucy cheered next to me.

Thunder and lightning erupted into the island as the serpent fell back into the deep shadows of the sea. A light broke into the island and lifted the spell that had had the mist and the island connected.

"We did it!" The crew cheered as the darkness dissolved.

"Caspian." I rushed to him and he pulled me into a hug. "You're okay." I breathed out.

"We're all fine." He said, not being able to believe it either.

"Welcome to the other side." Drinian told the unconscious Lord Rhoop and smiled proudly at himself.

Lucy and I helped the crew members and made sure that none of them were hurt. There were very few injuries but nothing serious. All of us had worked together and we had defeated the serpent.

"Can we call Dawn Treader the 'The Serpent Slayer'?" Edmund suggested as the crew members helped the people who were sacrificed to the Mist get onboard.

"Ooh I do like that name." I said as all of us stood leaning at the starboard side. "But I think that you should name it 'Cobra Kai'."

"I'm going to stick with the Dawn Treader." Caspian conveyed hesitantly.

"Eustace got the sword to the Table." I informed everyone. "Nice shot, Lu!"

"Nice swing." She told me.

"Great job with the wheel." Ed praised Caspian.

"Great job at tricking the serpent." They clamped each other's shoulders.

"We did it." I breathed out once again.

"We're a good team." Lu said.

"No." Caspian said. "We're family."