Dark Island

Even after staying up to talk all night, the time that we spent together seemed very less. We were so focused on defeating the darkness that we never told each other the things that we wanted to, which was why I suggested that we rewrite the stars.

Caspian and I took our time to reach the cabins because he insisted that he drop me off at my cabin while Edmund and Lucy talked some things out on the deck.

"Sophie?"

"Yes?" I turned to face him.

"Sleep well." He smiled.

I softly punched his arm. "You too."

We couldn't talk to each other somehow but we knew what the other wanted to say. Caspian walked away and I headed into the room. I knew that I should have gone to sleep after Lucy came in but it took a long time before I could.

The next morning, Drinian informed us that we were nearing the Island and it was time to inform everyone about the strategy to be followed. "I'll gather everyone on the deck, Your Majesties."

"Eustace and I are going for the first watch." Reep informed and bowed to us.

"Be careful." Lucy and I cautioned him at the same time.

"They'll be fine." Ed reassured us.

Caspian, the Pevensies and I wore our battle armours in the Royal State Room and wished each other good luck. "Remember." Lucy said. "The Green Mist will be protecting the island as Lilliandil told us."

"We cannot think about our fears once we enter." I continued. "No matter how much we are pushed to it."

"You gave up your sword." Caspian spoke to Ed, remembering that his sword was at the Table.

"It wasn't mine to keep." 

Caspian walked over to his table and took out his sword. "Use this." He said, handing Peter's sword.

"But it's....."

"Peter would want you to have it." Caspian persisted and Edmund knew that it was better to not argue since Lucy and I were also on the same page on wanting him to take the sword.

"I'll meet you on the deck." Edmund told us before walking out of the room along with his sister.

"So." I said as Caspian helped me strap my battle armour. I was so aware of his breath on my neck. I hoped that I didn't shiver because his fingers were leaving heat trails across my skin. 

"So."

"I know that I said 'no goodbye talks', but I wanted you to know that-"

Caspian put a finger to my lips, just like I had done to him before the Battle of Beruna. "No goodbye talks." 

"I wanted to tell you that you should be giving a speech or something." I changed the topic as I wore my bow and arrows and strapped my sword to the belt.

"I know." He nodded, getting a sword for himself.

"Do you know what you want to say?" 

"I do." He said. "Will you be there? With me?"

"You have no reason to be scared. You are our King. We will follow you today, tomorrow and every day after that."

Caspian nodded. "Shall we?" He asked with a soft smile on his face.

"We shall."

Every member of the Dawn Treader crew was gathered on the deck. Drinian himself was waiting for us there instead of the poop deck. Caspian took a deep breath before he climbed onto the staircase. The only sound that we could hear was that of the ship moving through the current without paddling.