~2~ Meeting the Magician

(I'm just gonna skip to the part where they go to the actual exam because I'm sure you're here for Hisoka! Just letting you know, Kurapika and Y/n build a strong trust in the time that I've skipped so they're very close.)

Y/n, Kurapika, Gon and Leorio all shook as the elevator descended.

"Once every three years... that's how often a rookie passes the exam. Some can't handle it, it's too mentally and physically taxing. It's also not too uncommon veterans to break the rookies so badly that they never retake the test." Kurapika explained and we were all shook until Leorio yelled.

"Being a hunter means making more money than anyone in the world!" Y/n sighed as she knew that Kurapika and Leorio were going to argue again.

"Wrong! People become hunters to join the worlds most noble profession!" Kurapika yelled at Leorio. Y/n moved closer to Gon, knowing he was the most logical person right now.

"Shut up, goodie, goodie!"

"Selfish money grubber!" Leorio smashed his hands onto the desk making Y/n jump.

"Hey, you two, listen up! There's a list of the hundred richest people every year, and every single year there are over fifty hunters on the list, that's more than half!" Y/n was slightly agreeing with Leorio, he was right, you do earn a lot of money, enough to let you live nicely.

"There are some hunters, sad to say, who seek treasure and wild gain but they're second rate, true hunters work tirelessly to maintain order! In society and as well as in nature." Y/n also agreed with Kurapika, in a way they were both right, Y/n didn't speak up though, she didn't want to encourage this.

"It's the fame and fortune, that's why people want to become hunters!"

"No, it's conviction, profound knowledge and a sound mind and body! Traits that are a true hunters pride!" Y/n wondered when this was gonna end, she rested her head on the table and watched them.

"Hey guys! Which of us do you agree with?!" Both Kurapika and Leorio looked at Y/n and Gon, waiting for an answer. "What kind of hunter will you two be?!"

"Ahh... well-" Y/n was relieved to see that the elevator door had opened so her and Gon wouldn't have to answer.

Y/n didn't expect it to be so dark and dirty here. It also smelt a lot. Everyone stared at them and Y/n was starting to feel a little self conscious.

"Excuse me!" Y/n quickly looked over at Gon, who had called out and put her hand over his mouth, pulling him back behind Leorio. "What's wrong Y/n?" Gon questioned and pulled her hand away from his mouth.

"T-try not to be so loud, okay Gon?" Y/n tried to put on a brave face but she was scared.

'Everyone's so tense down here... it's freaking me out!'

"Hello!" Y/n jumped at the voice and looked for the pets who talked, it was a green guy holding badges with out to us. "Please take your number badge, thank you." Leorio reached down and grabbed his. The green guy gave all four of us one, Y/n ended up with number 406. "Be sure to wear this on your chest at all times please, and be careful not to lose it, okay?" We all nodded and the green guy walked away.

"Don't think I've seen you four before!" We all looked up at the voice and saw a bigger man with the numbers 16 on his chest and a stubble. "Yo!"

"You can tell it's our first time here?" Gon asked and the man nodded. The man jumped off of the pipe he was sitting on and walked over to us.

"It's getting easier. It's my thirty fifth attempt so it comes with a territory." Leaving all of us shocked the man just smiled.

"You tried thirty five times?!" We all asked loudly in sync.

"I guess you could say that I'm a hunter exam veteran. Anyway, if you have anymore questions I'd be happy to help. Oh, by the way, the names Tonpa!" Tonpa smiled more, Y/n was starting to feel suspicious but didn't say anything so she wouldn't seem rude.

"I'm gon! This is Kurapika, Leorio and Y/n!" Us three nodded and Y/n smiled slightly. "Are you the only one here who's tried a bunch of times?" Gon asked, Tonpa went on to tell us other people who have also tried multiple times. Y/n just looked around at all the people but quickly looked over when she heard someone yell.

"My~ how unusual, seems this poor mans arms have turned into flower petals, now you see them, now you don't~ you should be more careful and do apologise when you bump into someone." Y/n was now terrified. What if that happened to her?

"Great. The psychopath is back. Number forty four. Hisoka The Magician. He was the number one pick to pass last years exam, until he almost killed an examiner he didn't approve of." Y/n was starting to hyperventilate. She didn't want to die. She also didn't want to cower away.

Y/n slowly started walking away, she didn't know where but she didn't want to be so close to people that could probably kill her if they wanted to. As she was walking she accidentally knocked into someone.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to! I wasn't looking where I was going, please don't hurt me!" Y/n bowed for the person who she knocked into, she looked up at the person and saw a really weird man. He had pins all over his body, he was very scary. She quickly walked away before the pin man could say anything. Y/n sat on the ground and sighed. She was very stupid, if she had been watching where she was going she wouldn't have knocked into the man. Though her thoughts were stopped quickly when someone sat next to her, she tensed up and looked over at who it was, she was about to cry when she saw who it was, she remembered Tonpa's words exactly.

"Hisoka The Magician. He was the number one pick to pass last years exam, until he almost killed an examiner he didn't approve of."

"If you're so scared, why don't you leave~?" Y/n jumped at the sound of his voice, it was calm but terrifying, y/n's hands shook in her lap as she shook her head.

"I-I'm not scared..." Her voice was quiet but loud enough for Hisoka to hear her.

"Mm~ Are you sure~? By the way you're shaking I'd say that you're terrified~ terrified of what I wonder?" Hisoka laughed lightly, Y/n was starting to feel calmer, though she shouldn't. He was dangerous.

"M-my names Y/n..." She slowly held her hand out for him to shake and he gladly did. She smiled slightly and leaned back against the wall.

"I'd introduce myself, although you already know my name, little fruit~ such a shame I couldn't tell you myself~" Y/n quickly looked over at him and blushed at the nickname.

"Y-yeah... That guy Tonpa told me..." Y/n didn't know why she was talking to him. He just took a guys arms off, she should run away. "L-let's be friends!" Y/n quickly shut her mouth and starred at the ground not wanting to see Hisoka's face. He was blushing, very out of character for him.

"Why, of course~" He laughed but then went quiet when a bell rang. Y/n and Hisoka both looked over at the opening wall, Hisoka was calm but Y/n was freaking out all over again.