~7~ Falling

"I sincerely apologise for the long wait! The airship will be arriving at its destination shortly." The voice slowly woke Y/n up from her sleep, she looked up and saw Hisoka smiling down at her and blushed.

"H-how long have you been watching me for?" Y/n stuttered out as she sat up quickly wrapping her arms around her legs. Hisoka laughed calmly and stood up while running his fingers through his slightly disheveled red hair.

"Not long~ I've only just woken up myself, little fruit." He looked down at her calmly and held a hand out for her to let him help pull her up, she grabbed it and smiled lightly at the action.

"Thank you."

"What is this place? What are we supposed to do here?" Y/n looked around the top of the tower waiting for instructions, Hisoka not too far behind her conversing with Gittarakur.

"Ahem! Everyone, this is the sight of the hunter exams third phase! You'll be competing here at the top of the trick tower! In order to pass this phase you must reach the base of the tower alive. The time limit is seventy two hours. And with that, the exams third phase will begin! Good luck to each and every one of you!" The green bean man explained.

Y/n looked back at Hisoka and opened her mouth but before she could she was thrown into a rib crushing hug almost giving her whiplash, she quickly looked down to see Gon hanging off of her, she smiled and pat his head.

"I didn't see you for the entire time we were on the airship and- and I thought something bad happened to you! I'm so glad you're okay! Please don't leave again!" Gon squeezed Y/n tighter as she tried to apologise but before she could utter out any words Kurapika, Leorio and Killua came over. Y/n looked over at them for help but only got pulled into a hug by Leorio.

Kurapika watched over them in slight jealousy until Leorio pulled him into the hug as well, Gon also grabbing Killua and hugging him. Kurapika blushed as his face was pushed up against Y/n. Leorio moved out and smiled brightly while Gon and Killua also moved away, Kurapika looked away with a slight blush and Y/n sighed.

"I'm sorry guys... But y'know... Hisoka isn't that bad-" Y/n started but Leorio butted in before she could finish.

"Are you serious?! You saw how he roughed Gon up! He nearly strangled him!" Leorio yelled in her face. Y/n stood there and nodded like a child getting told off by a parent. Kurapika put a hand on Y/n's shoulder and smiled at her then flared up at Leorio to keep his mouth shut.

"You do whatever you feel is best, alright? But please, if you ever feel in danger or uncomfortable don't be afraid to come to us. We're friends." Kurapika brung Y/n into a soft hug while she nodded and wrapped her arms around him.

"Thank you Kurapika! And of course I will, we're all friends and I feel safe with you guys! I'm gonna go now but I'll meet you down at the bottom of this tower, I promise." Y/n gave them all one last smile then ran back over to the magician.

"Now... how do you think we could get down?" Y/n walked over to the edge of the tower and got on her hands and knees, slowly moving her head to look down the side, moving her right hand forward being a huge mistake, the place where she put her hand crumbled sending her to slip headfirst down, eyes wide, screaming.

Hisoka looked over to her and only saw her legs, he quickly ran over and jumped off the side, holding himself up with his left hand while the right hand reached down to grab her. Y/n felt an invisible force pull her leg and yank her up until she felt someone grab her arm and pull her up from the side.

Hisoka lie flat of his back, chest heaving holding Y/n's shaken form in his arms, Y/n's hands gripping his shoulders as she shook. Y/n moved her head away and whispered.

"How did you do that...?" Y/n stared at him with wide eyes and he giggled.

"A magician never reveals his secrets~" His voice playful but also breathless, he sat up and held Y/n in his lap while rubbing her hair.

"W-we should probably look for a way to get down..." Y/n slowly stood up and watched Hisoka do the same.