~3~ First Phase

As everyone looked at the opening wall they saw a tall, slim man with light purple hair, a moustache and a navy blue suit.

"I apologise for the delay, thank you for waiting."
Y/n sighed and stood up with Hisoka, she was pretty tired as she couldn't sleep properly before she left to go on the ship, she also couldn't sleep properly on the ship because of the storm. "The entry period for hunter applicants is officially closed, so with no further ado, the hunter exam will now begin."

Hisoka smiled and looked down at Y/n, he was starting to like her so he was a tiny bit worried about if she would be able to survive, he snapped out of his daze and listened to the rest of the suit mans speech.

"Right then, very well. All four hundred and four applicants will now participate in phase one." The man started walking down the tunnel weirdly and everyone followed, Hisoka looked at Y/n again and but before he could say anything, Gon ran up and pulled on her arm.

"There you are, Y/n! Come back and walk with us!" Gon smiled forcefully. He didn't want Y/n to be near Hisoka, Hisoka is dangerous.

"A-ah, Gon!" Y/n looked at Hisoka who was walking forwards without a care in the world, Y/n smiled and tapped his shoulder lightly making him look at her to show that he was listening. "I'm gonna go back with my other friends, I'll talk to you later!" Y/n smiled as she was pulled back to Kurapika and Leorio by Gon, when they were far enough from Hisoka Gon dropped the smile.

"What were you doing?! Didnt you listen to Tonpa? Hisoka nearly killed someone! You put yourself in danger by being near him!" Gon cringed at the thought of his new friend getting hurt.

"G-Gon, settle down, she's fine right now, isn't she?" Kurapika started to sweat a little bit, he really didn't want her getting hurt. Before Y/n could answer them they started to speed up making them all run.

"How rude of me, I neglected to introduce myself! I am, Satotz, your examiner for the first phase of the exam. It's my responsibility to lead you all to the second phase." The man in the suit who they all now knew as Satotz spoke loudly and clearly, everyone trying to keep up with him and listen at the same time.

"The second phase, what ever happened to the first?!" A bald man in black clothing asked Satotz.

"The first phase is already underway. The first phase is quite simple all you have to do is follow me to the second phase, so do try to keep up." Y/n sighed as she already felt herself getting tired, she then blocked out their talking and focused on running.

After two hours of running Y/n looked around at everyone and then realised that she had lost her friends, she looked around and then spotted some red hair, obviously belonging to Hisoka, she smiled and run faster and up next to him.

"Ah~ my little flower came back, oh what fun~!" Hisoka smiled at Y/n, making a small blush appear on her delicate face.

"Y-yeah... I lost the others but then I saw you... I hope it doesn't bother you! I could leave if it-" Hisoka laughed as Y/n was about to apologise, she looked at him in embarrassment.

"You're fine my flower~ Hm, you look rather tired, would you like me to carry you~" Hisoka asked with a smirk, Y/n blushed and shook her head frantically but then she was quickly lifted up by Hisoka.

"I don't want you passing out on me~ so I'll carry you to the next phase my unripened fruit~!" Y/n blushed but felt weirdly comfortable in his arms, she slowly closed her eyes and let Hisoka's smell infiltrate her nose slowly putting her to sleep.

Hisoka smiled down at her sleeping form and sped up, after a while he caught up with "Gittarakur"and quietly chatted with him.

"Little flower, wake up~" Hisoka's smooth velvet voice slowly woke her up, he was staring down at her with a smile. "Looks like you're awake, we're at the second phase now~" Y/n nodded sleepily and got off of Hisoka, missing his warmth she wrapped her arms around herself and looked around. It was foggy and damp.

"Y/n!" She flinched as she heard the three boys call out for her, she turned around and was quickly met with a hug from both Gon and Leorio, Kurapika stood behind them looking relieved that she was alright, there was also another kid just behind Gon, she smiled at him and waved.

"Oh! Y/n, this is Killua, he's my new friend!" Gon smiled brightly and Killua blushed in embarrassment.

"Hello Killua, I'm Y/n!" Y/ held her hand out for Killua to shake and he did cautiously, looking her up and down he shrugged noting that she wasn't a threat.

"The Milsy Wetlands, also known as Swindlers Swamp, we must cross it to meet phase two of the exam. This place is home to a variety of truly bizarre animals many of which are crafty ferocious creatures who deceive and feast on human prey, so please be very careful. If you are deceived you will surely die." Satotz explained to all of them not showing any emotion as he talked.

"Now then, please follow me closely so you won't be deceived." Hisoka only smiled as Satotz talked, it was cute but also creepy how he could just smile through all of it.

" if we know they're going to try to deceive us who's gonna for it?!" Leorio laughed aloud and Y/n only just realised he wasn't wearing a shirt, she then looked over at Kurapika who wasn't wearing his cute blue dress thing.

"Don't fall for it!" Y/n quickly looked over at the voice and moved closer to Hisoka.

"Listen, didn't I just say that we won't?" Leorio looked over at the person who talked. Y/n was now pushed up against Hisoka, he didn't say anything, only smiled.

"He's lying. That man is lying to you!" The man came out from the corner and pointed at Satotz making everyone stare at him. "He's an impostor, a total fraud! I'm the real examiner you got it?!" The man yelled and everyone was suspicious of Satotz. The man who was yelling then pulled out a thing that looked like Satotz calling it a "man faced ape". Y/n pressed her back up against Hisoka and he looked down at her, sighing softly. He then pulled out his cards and smirked, throwing them at both the yelling man and Satotz, only Satotz catching them and the others hitting the man, killing him. Y/n then felt Hisoka lean his arm softly against her shoulder laughing.

"I see, I see~ That settles it then, so you are the real one." Y/n was very confused, firstly at how Hisoka had killed a man with playing cards and then at how Satotz actually caught them. Satotz then threw the cards away and they landed on the ground, the ape thing then got up and started running away making strange noses as it did.

"The examiners are hunters, each is hand-picked by the exam committee to do this job without pay anyone who holds the title with vying for ourselves could have deflected that attack and quite easily I might add~" Hisoka explained. Y/n was starting to understand, not fully but some of it. Satotz then explained to Hisoka that if he did that again he would be disqualified.

"Now let's begin. Please follow me."