Letters and Chocolate

A girl lay on her bed, her soft golden hair splayed out on her pillow; her bright vivid green eyes closed in a peaceful slumber. Suddenly there was a loud hoot outside the window — where a snowy owl was waiting patiently, carrying a red envelope in its beak. When there was no response the owl proceeded to hoot once more, growing slightly irritated. This seemed to work in the owl's favor, because Aurelia jumped out of bed as if she had been electrocuted, and pulled out her wand. 

Upon seeing the snowy owl, she sighed. "I'd make a good Auror," she mumbled to herself. "I'm sure Mad-Eye would approve." Aurelia reached to grab the envelope and opened it, ruffling through a few pieces of parchment that the envelope contained.

Dear Quill, 

Padfoot, Moony, and Wormtail are currently with me, so if you'd like to come and visit as well, just give me a heads up. Currently we're working on a bunch of joke products that Filch is sure to disapprove of but I'm sure our friend Patricia Rakepick will think it's hilarious. I've heard she's working for Gringotts — did you know? Apparently she's a curse-breaker; some of her exploits were featured in a couple of newspapers — including the Daily Prophet. 

Anyways, I hope Ignotus isn't giving you too much trouble; my owl can be very stubborn at times. Moony told me to inform you that he misses you, and he hopes to see you before Hogwarts begins. It's a bit lonely here without you so I think we can all say the same. 

We're all thinking of you,

 Prongs

Aurelia laughed in amusement, stroking Ignotus' feathers. Hastily, she picked up a muggle pen and wrote a quick reply, before sending the owl on its way.

Thinking that she could go back to bed and get a couple more minutes of shut-eye, Aurelia did a grand leap, diving into her bed with a loud thud. She could distinctly hear her dad yelling from downstairs so she made a mental note to not be as dramatic; she wasn't Sirius after all. 

Aurelia was about ready to scream in aggravation when she heard yet another tap on her window; this time it was an entirely different owl. This owl seemed to be short and stocky with pointed ear tufts. Aurelia knew quite a bit about animals — she was in Care of Magical Creatures class after all — and could make out that it happened to be a screech owl. Aurelia made her way over, opening the letter. The handwriting was completely neat, which took her by surprise because the only person she knew with neat handwriting happened to be Moony, but it couldn't have been him because he didn't happen to own an owl, so unless...

Dear Aurelia, 

This may be taken as a bit of a surprise, but since I feel like we're friends, I wanted to ask how you're doing. I thought that the least I could do is get you a gift — and I heard that you liked chocolate, so I enclosed some in here. 

All the best, 

R.A.B.