Number 11

Number 11

They left in the middle of the night while it was still dark. Harry had no idea why, just that Tony told them to come to the roof while wearing comfy clothes for hot weather. Everyone filed into the Quinjet while yawning and rubbing their eyes.

Just as the sun peeked over the horizon they arrived at their destination.

“Happy birthday, kid!” Tony said, slapping Harry on the shoulder. “I made a few calls and they’re opening the park for us so we can celebrate your birthday. In return, they get to have some promo-shots with the Avengers hugging Micky or something, we’ll see.”

Harry found himself entering a theme park called The Magic Kingdom, which was one of the parks in Walt Disney World in Florida. And even Harry, though he’d literally grown up in a cupboard, had heard of Disney.

“This is amazing,” Harry breathed as they walked inside the completely empty park. A few PR people and a photographer from Disney joined them to help them navigate the park in the short amount of time they had before the park would open to the public. The photographer had strict instructions only to take photos of the Avengers themselves, not any of their guests, which he did without any problems.

Harry and everyone else got to go on rides like Space Mountain, which was his favourite, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Splash Mountain, which were both a close second. They also enjoyed Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion, both which were pretty funny in their own way.

By then it was almost time to open the park, and they all gathered to have breakfast in a private room in one of the restaurants, where they were visited by lots of the characters and the photographer went mad taking shots of Captain America kissing Minnie Mouse’s hand and Hawkeye fist-bumping Goofy.

Harry, feeling famished at that point, ate his fill of the breakfast buffet, his plate overflowing with scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns, waffles and pancakes. Bucky followed Harry around the buffet and put the exact things Harry choose on his own plate as well. Harry figured this was Bucky’s way of figuring out which of the things on offer were actually good to eat.

“So, best birthday party ever?” Tony asked him as they left the park through the underground tunnels so as not to be mobbed by the public.

“Only birthday party ever,” Harry blurted before he could stop himself, and then he quickly ducked his head. Tony patted his shoulder while Harry heard his mother muttering that if the Dursleys weren’t already dead he’d go and take care of that right away.