LOCKS

"Are you ready?", I jump at the sound after I finish tying my boot. Tamaki is looking at me from the doorway, wearing a wrinkled tshirt, old jeans, and vans. His hair is the same as usual; I can excuse that at least.

"Nope. WE are not ready,". His usually furrowed brow knots even more in confusion. "Tamaki, your shirt...," he looks down as if searching for a stain. "It's wrinkled! Give it to me," I outstretch my hand and wait for him to strip and give me the tshirt. "Where's your iron?".

He opens his mouth, but hesitates then turns to face the wall. "I-I don't have an iron, Aimi..." is all I hear as I curiously watch the embarrassed man shove his hands in his pockets. "My uniforms get messed up a lot and the agency gets them cleaned....,"

I giggle and inadvertently cause the shirtless hero to jump. "It's okay! I have a solution. Where's your laundry soap?". Tamaki points to a closet and peeks curiously at what I'm doing. I snatch a spray bottle he seems to use to water plants and make a mixture of fabric softener and water, spritz the shirt, and shake it hard enough so it snaps flat. "There. When it dries no more wrinkles! I can't be doing the Walk of Shame with a guy in a wrinkled shirt. It's bad enough that I'm wearing this dress in daylight hours. Oh! Thanks for washing it and the destroyed tights for me, but I threw them in the trash! Sorry for you to go through the trouble," I cover my eyes for a second since I feel myself being awkward.

Tamaki laughs quietly. "You're starting to sound like me already," his sweet smile made me happy I didn't keep my eyes covered. "That's a cool trick, for the shirt. Thank you,". Much to my dismay, he puts it back on. No wrinkles, so I smile, too.

"No problem! I have a lot of little hacks like that. It helps when I'm doing a livestream and I accidentally forget to fix my outfit. I blame drinking," I shrug my shoulders. "Let's go!", I open the front door and run into a wall... no. A man. Big man.

"Whoa there! I thought this was

"Whoa there! I thought this was.... oh!!! Hello! Happy birthday, Tamaki! It seems like it's pretty happy already, though, right?!". The big blonde guy keeps his hands lightly on my back until I regain balance and step to the side. Tamaki looks like he. Wants. To. Die.

"Mirio, what are you doing here?", Tamaki almost groans as he locks up his apartment and reassumes his slouchy demeanor.

"I came to surprise my best friend on his birthday at his new apartment! Someone beat me to it, though... Hi! I'm Mirio Togata, Tamaki's been my best friend for at least 15 years now. What's your name?", he smiles down at me genuinely. This is who Tamaki mentioned. 'You're like Mirio. I can talk to you'. I'm not seeing the similarities besides being blonde.

"Hi! I'm Aimi Takahashi! I have been friends with Tamaki since... last night," I look from a horrified Tamaki to a smiling Mirio then down at my shoes.

Mirio's giant hand pats me on the shoulder. "Better last night than never! Our Tamaki is a cool guy. He doesn't have near enough people who realize it. Where are you two headed?", Mirio asks Tamaki with a raised brow and a slight smirk to his seemingly never ending smile.