Grandparents

I still haven't spoken to Mason.

After the party he texted me. He seemed concerned. Dad told me it wasn't his fault and he couldn't have possibly known that I was afraid of clowns, but it's not that I don't want to talk to him, I can't.

He's been constantly apologizing. But it's like every time I look at him, I either want to cry or kiss him and I can't do either. Not while I was with Tyler.

Tyler had been upset that I left the party early and without telling. I left without telling him and he claimed he was concerned.

I heard a door open and close and it took me a minute to realize the door was mine. Without even looking up I knew it was Mason. I felt the bed shift as Mason sat down. I distracted myself by chipping off the paint on my nails. "Charlotte."

He's never said my full name before. I continued to fiddle with my fingers and that's when two fingers were placed under my chin and I found myself eye to eye with Mason. "I'm sorry." He pulled his hand from under my chin. "I had no idea you were afraid of clowns, and if I did, I would never do that to you. I may be a douche, but I'm not that big of a douche." He smiled and I let out a small laugh.

He gave me an unexpected hug and I felt my cheeks warm up. We broke loose from the hug and he stood up from the bed and left out of the door, but not before he offered to make dinner and I reluctantly agreed.

Dad and Kelly were at work so that left Mason and I home alone. Although, this night was a lot different from our first night alone. We actually talked and laughed and watched tv. It was a relief to have a break from making out and wanting to rip each others clothes off. And we actually got to know each other.

Unfortunately, he remembered younger me and all the times I did something to ruin him. But instead of making fun of me, we laughed about it. He told me that for awhile he thought I was really creepy and then after that, he got used to me.

We talked for hours until I fell asleep.

~~
The next morning, I woke up in my room with the light flashing through my window. I rubbed my eyes fiercely before rolling out of bed. I took a quick shower and mentally prepared myself last week before thanksgiving break.

I was excited about thanksgiving but only for the food. As for the family... I'm not so excited. Each year, my dad encouraged me to spend thanksgiving with my grandparents... My moms parents... And what makes it even worse is that my mom has to be there.

And this year he's really pushing it. He wants me to get to know my little brother. And as much as I insisted I stay home, he said that he wanted to me to go. I sadly agreed. But me agreeing to it meant that I had to stay the night at their house.

And my grandparents weren't the happiest meals in McDonalds. They were judge mental and nasty. Kinda like my mom. And when I was around them, I kind of felt bad for my mom... She had absent parents who expected so much from her and my father and I were just a product of her rebellion from her parents.

She used us for years before she finally got tired of us and left. After that, she cut off communication with us, leaving my dad alone dealing with me. And honestly I've always taken it easy on my dad.

I didn't realize I was crying until I tasted salt. I wiped my eyes and continued to put on my make up. My alarm rang telling me that I needed to hurry otherwise I was going to be late.

I wiped my eyes one last time before going down for breakfast. I put on the most fake smile I could muster up and went into the dining hall where dad and Kelly were sitting at the table whilst Mason placed food on everyone's plates. There was even a plate sat for me.