Chapter One

Three years after the war:

A gust of wind blew Ginny Weaslys auburn hair into her face as she apparated into the middle of nowhere—well, not no where. Hermione Grangers house happened to lay in the middle of nowhere, isolated by trees.

The familiar scent of pine entered her nose as she walked up the white stairs to visit Hermione. Although Ginny was told countless times to not knock, she still did.

Hermione opened her door and smiled at her friend. She hadn't aged much, but definitely looked more mature. Her hair was longer, and tamed, and she seemed calmer—meaning bossy Hermione Granger was left behind with the war.

Ginny embraced her for a tight hug before entering her house that always smelled of peppermint and vanilla.

"Oh Gin, it feels like it's been weeks!" Hermione exclaimed closing the door. Ginny chucked. They met every week to catch up with each other, and have a bit of girl time.

"I know, it always does." She said taking off her coat and placing it over a chair. Hermione began to make them tea—as she always did.

She liked visiting Hermione, she couldn't imagine how lonely it would get in this large house all to herself.

"How is everyone?" She asked while Ginny accepted the tea into her hands. The warm cup made her forget it had even been winter.

"You know, Harry's good. Ron's doing better...mum and dad are excited to be grandparents." She said tapping her round belly a bit.

"I can imagine, I'm excited to be the godmother!" She said laughing a bit. Ginny has asked her last week to be her child's godmother—she accepted through tears.

"I'm glad to hear Ronald is doing better." She said sipping her tea. Ginny nodded agreeing with her.
"Everyday is a growth, but—,"

"We are all broken in some way still." Hermione took the words out of her mouth—as she usually did. She was a bit too smart sometimes.

Hermione set down her tea and glanced at her calander, followed by a gasp. Ginny widened her eyes and was wondering what could be wrong.

"Oh Gin, I forgot I have a meeting in a few minutes. I promise I won't be more than an hour. Make yourself at home!" She said checking her watch, and disapparating immediately. Ginny blinked and laughed a bit, Hermione did always have a full schedule. It was not like her to forget about a meeting though, maybe her mind was clouded with something else.

She sighed and sipped her tea, looking around Hermione large—but lonely house. The first room was her living room, with a tan couch shaped like an 'L'. The muggle television hung above it, surrounded by picture frames on a shelf below it.

She looked at Hermione at a young age, with Harry and Ron. Then she peered the room over—a simple dining room. A nice table in the middle, decorated for fall. Then there were stairs, that Ginny has never climbed. She decided today would be the day.

She walked up the white stairs, holding onto the railing. The first room to the left of her was huge, and had to be the one Hermione slept in. She looked around admiring the neutral color Hermione chose. Books were neatly lined up next to each near a her reading nook.

She felt the soft blanket that was spread across Hermione's bed. She decided to check out the other rooms. One was her office, but there were three others. Two were empty and dark, but one was filled with what seemed to be...junk. Ginny began to look around at a few items.

She paged through old year books, smiling at all the memories they had made. She looked around the room and looked at Hermiones belongings. There were so many.

She looked around and found a corner, where a pensive was hidden. Why would Hermione have it hidden?

She begun to look through the memories Hermione had saved in vials. She smiled at the ones that she could recognized. However, there was one she had not recognized labeled 'D+H'.

Ginny being her invasive self, wondered if she should look through Hermiones memories. In a blink, she poured the liquid into the pensive, and dipped her head in.

She was not prepared for the journey she was about to go on.