Stood Up

12:00 A.M

Aqua was going through his closet, looking through his nice clothing. It had been almost a week since Edric asked Aqua to grom, and he had been thinking about it all week. Since grom was tonight, he had to choose to wear either a dress or a suit. Damn, I have no more time. Class is starting. Aqua preferred dresses over suits, so he was most likely going to choose that.

Hexside

1:30 P.M

Edric was sitting at his desk and was waiting in class for everyone else. He finally heard the door open and was expecting Aqua or even the teacher, but it was Vora. She was holding a bottle of Apple Blood. She walked over to his desk and smiled. "Hey, Edric, I've been wanting to ask you this for a long time. Will you go to grom with me?" She asked. "Wait...you really think I don't have a date already?" Edric asked. "Well...I mean...you're Edric Blight...aren't you too good for anyone in this school? Lemme guess, the person asked you first, and you didn't wanna be rude, so you HAD to say yes." Vora said. "Just because I'm a Blight, doesn't mean I think everyone else is below me. Besides, Aqua is special, I asked him." Edric said. Vora's eyes widened as she spat out the apple blood all over by Edric's Desk, and said: "YOU-YOU ASKED AQUA?" Vora yelled making sure what she heard was true. "Yes. And please, clean up around my desk." Edric replied. Fine. And guess I'll have to resort to Kaden. Vora thought. She walked out of class to get a towel. She came running back and cleaned the floor around Edric's desk. Once done, she went to sit at her desk and opened Penstagram. She looked onto Edric's page, and she realized he wasn't following her anymore, now following Aqua in advance. UGH! He has to ruin my life! I HATE him! I hate Aqua SO MUCH! She thought. About 5 minutes had passed, and every kid rushed into class. Edric looked at Aqua, with a smile, and Vora, the complete opposite. He sat down next to his deskmates: Tyler and Snow, and he seemed happier than ever. Aqua was actually paying attention to the lesson now, thinking time would pass by for Grom to come. Vora was sitting next to her deskmates, being Emira and Kaden. She tapped Emira's shoulder. "Hey, can you tell me why Edric didn't ask me to grom? He's your brother," Vora asked. Emira had a strange look on her face, and said: "Oh, of course, you're the only choice he can choose from." Emira said sarcastically. Vora rolled her eyes and turned to Kaden. "Hey Kaden, want to go to Grom with me?" Vora asked. "Sorry, I already got a date. I think Tyler, Monu, and Snow are the only open choices." He said. Even the ugly kids get dates, and not me?! Vora thought.

Lunch

3:00 A.M

At the lunch table, there sat Aqua, Edric, Snow, Tyler, Monu, Smoky, and Orchid. Vora walked up to Tyler. "Yes?" Tyler said. "You open to going to Grom with me?" She asked. "Um-I gotta go plant my Cactus!" Tyler said, which was an excuse. Vora sighed. She walked over to Monu. "You?" She asked. "Are you seriously going to keep asking every single last one of us? You've stooped so low to waste your time, you probably don't even like any of us, you're just trying to get your Grom pics on your Penstagram story." Monu spoke the truth. Vora's eyes started to tear up, and she ran out of the lunchroom. "Why so dramatic?" Monu asked. "Kinda harsh," Smoky said. "Not really, she looks at us like we're below her. And now she wants to be our friend because Edric is here." Aqua added. "I didn't even know that she was a jerk until earlier today, and she likes me?... I kinda feel bad for her." Edric said. Don't Aqua thought.

Aqua's House

5:30 P.M

I don't know how to dance, and I don't even know what to wear. Aqua thought to himself. He pulled out his scroll, and he saw a text from Edric. "I might be late, I gotta help out Luz the human, but I'll be there! See u later!" It said. Aqua smiled, and he thought: Maybe I should sleep on it. Too much stress. And he did just that, which was a mistake.

Grom Night

7:00 P.M

Edric and Emira opened the door to the dance floor, and there were decorations everywhere. Abomination balloons, dancing instruments, red tablecloths, colorful light spells, and a shiny disco-shell. "Let's wait for our dates in the stands," Emira said to Edric. They walked over to the stands and sat down. Edric got up to get fruit punch. He saw Tyler and Orchid bought their cactus with them and were playing with it in the corner. "Hey guys, got dates?" Edric asked. "Nope, but we got this cactus," Orchid said. "Cool, I'm just waiting for Aqua," Edric said. He sat back down in the stands. He looked over at Emira with her head down in her hands. "What's wrong?" He asked. "My date-they can't make it," Emira said in a quiet voice. "I'm sorry, Emira. I really am." Edric said. Emira got up and walked out of the dance room. Dang. Sucks for her. Wonder when Aqua is coming. Edric thought. As time went by, Aqua still wasn't there. Where is he? Edric thought. He saw Vora standing by herself, and he felt bad. He walked over to her and tapped her shoulder. "What do you want?" Vora asked. "I-I want to dance with you. I feel bad. And I'm sorry." Edric said. "What happened to Aqua?" Vora asked sarcastically. "He isn't here," Edric said disappointed. I knew he was a wimp. Abandoning Edric like that? What a jerk. Vora thought. "So, let's dance," Vora said excitedly. Vora got up, held hands with Edric, and they started slow dancing on the dance floor.

1 Day later

Aqua yawned and got up. He looked at the time. It was a day later. "Oh god. oh just kill me now," Aqua said quietly to himself as he put his hands over his face. Aqua took out penstagram and looked at Edric's page, he wasn't following aqua anymore. "Dammit. Ugh. I'm so dumb. I can't believe it-I stood him up. I only had one chance, and I blew it." Aqua said as he threw his stuff across the room and hit his head against the wall, with anger.