Talent Show

Chapter 7: Talent ShowAqua walked into his bathroom, and started combing his hair. He got some gargoyle gel, and put the hair in-place. He was wearing his glasses, and took them off. Aqua's eyes were black, sort of like a glass-like material, though, of course it wasn't glass. Aqua was always insecure about his eyes, because they were so different from the rest of his schoolmates. Though, it was also because his vision is tinted, so he wears his glasses to brighten them. Today was the Hexside talent show, and He went into his lab, and got a tube filled with abomination goop. Aqua wanted to talk to Edric, he really did. But he didn't want to get it wrong. He felt so awkward about apologizing right to Edric. Aqua went into the lab to get his canisters. He was going to show off his new symbiote abomination, which was his fifth successful experiment. What exactly did this one do? It would jump onto the user, and act as a strong armour, and would increase your general strength. Aqua got his backpack, and ran out the door.  

Hexside 

There, Aqua walked into the auditorium. A bunch of chairs were set down, and all of Hexside were there. That meant that Edric was there. Aqua had to buy time until he went up, so he looked at the talent show list. There, Aqua saw Vora Laueau, Tyler Greene (Cactus Tricks), Willow Park (Advanced Plant Magic), Gill Gydny, and himself. Alot less people this year. First up was Tyler, which he was going up in a few moments, showing off his cactus. Aqua saw Orchid, and sat down by him. "Aqua, where were you at grom? We were waiting for you- and- and you broke Edric's heart." Orchid said. "I- of course I did. Where is he? I have to apologize, to save our relationship." Aqua told Orchid. "He's up in the front row, sitting by Vora." Orchid said. Ugh, her. "All right. I'll go." Aqua said. He got up, but before he could walk to Edric, a teacher said: "Hey kid, sit back down!" They said. Edric turned around to see this "kid", but Aqua already sat back down. "Cacti, Pose." Tyler said to Cacti, his cactus. Cacti did just that, and it was flawless. Tyler's performance was about done, and now, it was Vora's turn. She walked up the steps to the stage, and said: "Hello, I am Vora! Now, you all may know me as the best oracle student, and I can say this, you're not wrong!" Today, I'll show you all how to summon ghosts." Vora added. But to Aqua, it was all Blah- Blah Blah- Oracles- blah. Aqua waited for his turn after Vora, and it finally came. "Next up is Aqua Aenon!" Principal Bump said. Now, It was Aqua's turn. He was ready. He walked past the front row, and saw Edric and Vora. He put his head down and ran faster to the steps, with his bags. There were extra beakers with failed versions of the symbiote that he wanted to show off, and the final product. "Hello, I'm Aqua. And today, I'll be showing you my Abominations/Potion experiment. I call this one: Lovely Experiment V." Aqua told the audience. "And what does it do?" The abomination professor asked. Well, it's not your normal abomination, this time, with the help of a mixing of potions magic, it's a symbiote." Aqua replied. "I'm going to show off my failed attempts first, and then my successful one." Aqua added. Aqua took out 4 beakers from his bag. "My first attempt, too liquidy. Second, too solid. Third, incorrect mixing, and fourth, too many materials. This time, I managed to create a living organism." Aqua told the crowd. He pulled the big canister out of his bag, and it was moving! "Aqua is it supposed to do that?" The potions asked. "Yes, now, watch this." Aqua replied. Aqua opened the canister, and the symbiote jumped onto him. It spread across his entire body, and now, Aqua was an abomination. "It increases strength, and overall speed." Aqua said. "Magnificent!" The abomination professor said. Aqua snapped his fingers, the goop departed from his body, and bowed. "Thank you, Thank you!" Aqua said. The crowd clapped, all except for Vora. 

After the talent show 

Aqua was walking through the halls, and dropped off his experiment in abomination class, since the school day was about to start. Before he could leave the door, he saw a hand. Then, a full body. There, stood Edric. "Oh, um, Edric! Weird seeing you here, isn't it?!" Aqua said. Edric laughed. "I liked your performance, it was pretty unique, just like you." Edric said. Aqua blushed. "Edric i'm- im sorry for leaving you alone at grom." Aqua told him. "I know, I could see it in your face when you looked at me." Edric said. Aqua scratched his hair. "Thanks, though, we don't have to be friends if you don't want to-" Aqua replied. "Nah, let's be friends, besides, it's time to eat. Wanna sit by me? Edric asked. Aqua chuckled. "Sure." Aqua told him. "Cool, lets go." Edric replied. Vora was outside the door and heard their conversation. Not again. she thought.