Vora

Chapter 6: Vora

Kaden ran over to Vora, who was walking through the school halls of Hexside like she owned the place, and asked her a question. "Hey Vora, how was grom?" Kaden asked. "Oh, it was great, one of the best days in a while, which was surprising for a hellhole like this place." she answered. "Oh- cool. Who'd you go with? I was alone. I thought nobody wanted to go with you." Kaden said. "Edric Blight, the hottest boy in this school. Well, the only hot guy." Vora bragged. "Wait a minute- Edric? what happened to Aqua?" Kaden asked. "Oh that guy? He was a wimp. He left Edric alone at grom, and after a few hours, Edric came to me." Vora told Kaden. "Oh-well congrats on getting a date! Kaden said. Vora laughed. "You wouldn't understand, but thanks I guess." Vora said with a smug smile on her face. "Well uh- bye Vora! See ya later." Kaden said as he walked into his class. Vora stood by her locker, waiting for Edric. Everybody passed by her, looking. "You heard that Vora hooked-up with Edric?" One kid whispered. "Yeah! I mean- Vora? She's not even all that-" The other kid whispered. When Vora was younger, she had struggles, but she had to fight her way to the top. She did this in a way that her classmates couldn't top, and it made them fear her. When she was younger, around the time when every other student in her class knew a simple light ball spell, Her classmates would always make fun of her for failing at magical ability. How did she succeed? It all started one day when she ran away from school during recess. She was missing four about an hour, but no one noticed, and no one cared. Her parents were working, and thought she was in school, so they weren't worried either.

I just want to get a snack, nothing else. They barely give me food. I gazed at the streets, with vehicles zooming everywhere. Traffic is insane today, how am I supposed to get across the street? Ugh, it doesn't matter. Though, I hadn't thought about the risk of getting run over. Just- RUN! I ran, but of course, I was being an idiot. "OW!", I was hit in the arm by a carriage, and got sprayed with mud on my face, "BWAAA!" The mud got in my mouth!I spit it out, I stumbled onto the wet, damp floor of the alleyway. It was dark and wet, and there were rodents everywhere. It's so cold-and-lonely. I thought. These huge buildings towering over a small rodent like me, It's like I don't exist, no one heard a thing. When you're one of the lowest beings in this world, nobody cares for you. I was still in the corner, and nobody walking by noticed since it was so dark. By then, my uniform was musty, and had gunk all over the back. My arm felt better, but still, alone, like nobody cared. I didn't want to cross the street, I would be hit again, and feel even more pain. I got up, and was thinking of what to do. I turned to my left, and there was a door. I approached it, and put my hand on the knob, but it was locked. "You hear that?" Asked a demon in a stand by the alley. His customers looked at him with a confused face. "Eh it's just my imagination, probably just them rodents back there. Sorry, customers" He said. Of course, I'm just a figment of someone's imagination. I kept trying to open it, obviously it wouldn't work since it was locked. I turned away from the door, but I heard a ka-click, and a low creak. Before I could turn around, I saw two hands coming out of the dark abyss that was behind that door. I let out a scream, and the door slammed shut. I heard the demon outside say: "Did y'all just hear that?" The demon at the stand asked. "No." the customers answered. "Don't scream." A voice said. The voice was coming from the person who was holding me. "H-how can I not?" I replied. "Jelv, turn on the light." The voice said. Then, I could see. I looked up, and saw that in the room, were a bunch of power glyphs on the wall hung up. I could also see wanted posters, of a woman with purple hair, and silver eyes wearing a robe. I turned around and saw that the person who was speaking, had an identical appearance to the person on the wanted poster. "Y-You're a criminal! Please let me go, I'm still just a student! I don't wanna die." Vora said. "Die? Oh no- we wanna help you!, we only do harm when the weak are attacked, we see that you're in need.." She said. We?  I thought. "Oh no it's okay! The oppressing rulers of the isles want us gone, because they don't want the weak to be on their level, the isle's system is messed up. By the way, I'm Evanora. She said. "Jelv, Suka, Xul, it's okay come out!" She added. They came out of the dark corners of the room. Jelv was a young-adult demon with a ponytail, and he wore a torn hexside blank uniform. I was confused, why was he wearing a student's uniform? I thought. Though, it was most likely a long story, so I avoided asking. Suka had 3 hair buns, 2 on the side and 1 on her or his head, and a mini witch hat (Purple, White, and Green) on top of each of their buns. Suka was also wearing a simple green dress. Xul was grey, and had gargoyle-like wings, and wore metal armour to cover his torso, and a headdress for his face. He was very swol looking, but that was odd since his legs were very small goat-like legs. "You guys are very unique, why do you all need power glyphs so bad?" I asked. "Our place isn't out there, it's in here. We were all weak to the rest of society, I know, it's a basic way of wording things, but at least we understand that we don't belong out there." Evanora answered as she turned to her gang and smiled. "I-I'll be honest, I don't fit in either." I said. "All my classmates are ahead of me, and I'm just so weak." I told them. "Weak, you say? People like us help people like you!, and we just got ourselves a new shipment of power glyphs. Waddya say? Want a stock? Besides, we'd LOVE to help YOU!" Evanora asked. "Ah, it's okay, I don't have any money." Vora said in a sad tone. "How about no charge. For a weaker being like you, this advantage can be great. And I'd rather give you this since you're in need, and not a power-hungry warlock, like most of our customers." Evanora said. "I- thank you! Thank you so much!" Vora said in excitement. Evanora gave Vora a case with power glyphs in it, and she took it. "Take care, these are hard to get. Don't tell anyone you have these, or we'll be in big trouble." Evanora said. "I have nobody to tell, but what about my parents?" I asked. "I said don't tell anyone, or you'll be weak again, you don't want that, do you?" Evanora asked. I started sweating. "N-no." I replied. "Goody! Hoping we'll see you again, kid. By the way, what's your name?" Evanora asked. "Vora, I'm Vora." I told her. "Pretty name." Suka said. I smiled. No one had ever complimented me, this was a first. I'm sure that they'll be great friends! "Bye guys!" I said, and walked out the door.

For years, Vora had been using these power Glyphs. They got her to top-student in her grade, and all of her classmates feared her. Little did she know that Evanora and her gang were criminals with many instances of murder, and was getting the power glyphs illegally. But by now, Vora was a power wielding pro, and nothing would stop her. Today, she still uses the power glyphs, and no one knew.

Aqua's House

"How the hell am I supposed to reply to these texts??? I feel so bad but I don't wanna face Edric! And there's a frickin talent show next week!? I'm doomed." Aqua said out loud to himself.

The End, Chapter 6.