25

Before she knew it, it was Halloween. Which meant it was the day of the Hogsmeade date. Something Hermione made sure to mention to all of their friends. Hannah was sweet about it, telling her to have fun. Emiko simply glanced once at Hermione, and muttered an exasperated 'finally'. Charlie sent her a few teasing smiles but didn't really go overboard. She did seem genuine when she said she was happy for her. Megan, however, was a whole other story. She'd been absolutely insufferable, especially when Cedric was around.

Alex tried her best to avoid Megan. She knew she couldn't go hide. Hermione would murder her if she got even a smudge of dirt on her dress, which also meant she was banned from visiting Kichiro or using the passageways to go to Helga's hall. She'd tried to go to the vanishing room, but caught a glimpse of her brothers spying on her. It was pure luck that she happened on Luna on the staircases between the sixth and seventh floors. Pretending Luna was her destination, she fell into step with the Ravenclaw, greeting her with a smile.
"Pretend we were supposed to meet here for a second, would you?" She said quietly.

"Are you sure we weren't?" Luna replied.

"I don't really believe in fate."

"What about the way you were guided to Kichiro?"

"That wasn't fate."

"So why were you there?"

"That's a secret. I'll tell you later when we're in a more private place."

"That's a nice dress." Alex looked down at it. It was one of Hermione's. It took some magical adjusting, but the Gryffindor was adamant she have something nice to wear on her first date.

"Thanks."

"What happened to your shoes?" Alex asked. Luna was barefoot.

"I've lost them."

"All of them?" Luna nodded. "You don't seem particularly concerned."

"I'm not. Worrying won't bring them back. They'll turn up sooner or later."

"Luna, are you okay in the Ravenclaw dormitories?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"Your shoes..." Alex tried to start but trailed off, not knowing what to say next. Luna certainly looked carefree enough. "If you want me to, I can hold on to some of your belongings in the Hufflepuff dorms. It might confuse them so they don't wander off."

"It's okay. I think a healthy dose of exploration is probably a good thing. That way they won't get me lost when I wear them."

"Alright. But, if you ever change your mind, the offer stands." Luna nodded.

"Thank you."

"I have to go. But Kichiro might want some company. You should go visit him."

"I think I will." Luna said.

"Do you want to borrow a pair of my shoes? Just until yours come back?" Luna shook her head no.

"Enjoy your day out, Alex." Alex nodded, a little reluctant and headed down to the Great Hall.

Professor Sprout was taking in last minute Hogsmeade slips, and Alex walked over to Cedric.
"Hey." She greeted.

"Hi. Are you ready?" He asked.

"Depends. Do I get to know where we're going?"

"You wish." He grinned.

"I do, actually. I have control issues remember?"

"No, I don't. But if I did, I'd also remember you saying you'd forget that comment was ever said."

"So are you going to tell me where we're going?"

"No."

"What if I hate it?"

"I discussed it with Hermione. She thinks you'll love it too."

"What if Hermione's wrong?"

"I can't tell you. It's a surprise." He said. She rolled her eyes.

"Fine."

When they finally got to Hogsmeade, Professor McGonagall let them all go with a strict reminder that they were to meet back again at 3 pm. Anyone who didn't return by that time would be banned from the rest of the Hogsmeade trips that year.

Alex looked startled as Cedric led her away from the rest of their schoolmates.
"Isn't literally everything that way?" She pointed behind them.

"Just follow me."

"If you take me to the local quidditch pitch, I'm never letting you pick where we go again."

"I'm not taking you to a quidditch pitch."

"Okay." She looked around at the picturesque street they turned on. "I also don't want to break into a house."

"We're not breaking into a house."

"Good. People would know we were from Hogwarts, and I'm wearing Hufflepuff colours. I'd rather be wearing Gryffindor colours if I'm going to do something off limits."

"Alex, we're not breaking and entering. Let's leave the felony until we're a little older."

"But we'd get into more trouble the older we are. If we're going to break rules, we should do it while we're still young when the punishment won't be so drastic."

"How about never?" He proposed.

"Sounds good to me. Am I meeting your family? I didn't know you lived in Hogsmeade."

"I don't. Technically, my grandparents do, but we're not going to visit my family. You're really very awful at this guessing game." He grinned.

"I'm awful at not knowing where I'm going. If you were anyone else, I'd probably have walked away a long time ago."

"Nice to know."

"And it's only because I trust Hermione wouldn't let you lead me to certain death." He let out a laugh.

"Of course. I should have seen that coming." He shook his head. "Thanks for not letting me be the only one to show up with house colours in my hair the other day. I still don't get why anyone had to dye their hair, but at least I wasn't embarrassed."

"I promised the twins anything if they left us alone in the forest with Kichiro." She replied. "And they wanted my help to prank you."

"So why did you double cross them? The prank was something you absolutely would have liked to do."

"Because if I'm going to destroy your reputation, I'm going to do it on my own terms. And I'm definitely not working with the twins to do it."

"Because you're nice." He said.

"No, because I don't like being blackmailed."

"Or because you're nice."

"I won't help you next time." She glared.

"We're here." He stopped them and she looked at the institute in front of them.

A/N- where do you think he's taking her 🤔