32

"How is this possible?" Ginny asked. She walked over to the bed. "This is my room. But that's at home. How did you do this?"

"I imagined it. That's the great thing about this room. It's called the room of requirement. It gives you whatever you need."

"And we can stay here? It won't disappear?"

"It won't. I've stayed here before."

"When?" Hermione asked.

"It was only a couple of times. In our first year." Hermione shook her head.

"Have you ever slept in your own bed without coercion?"

"Anyways, Ginny. I thought we could stay here tonight." Alex said, ignoring Hermione's comment.

"I'd like that." Hermione smiled at the sisters before excusing herself and leaving them alone.

Ginny seemed a lot better by the end of the week. Alex kept a careful eye on her, all the while dodging questions about the howler her mother had sent. The hubbub died down eventually. Mainly though, Alex would dodge any questions by going out to see Kichiro, or sitting at her spot by the black lake in her spare time. She was yet to see the black hound again, but she still held out hope.

The first quidditch match was quickly approaching. Hufflepuff were playing against Gryffindor, after Malfoy complained about the exaggerated injury to his arm. The Hufflepuff team were ready to leave for the match and Alex went to wish Cedric luck.
"Hi." She said, and they moved slightly away from the rest of the team.

"You gonna be there?" He asked and she nodded.

"Yeah. Hermione's got to cheer for Gryffindor since Harry's playing, so I figure I'll step in."

"Is that the only reason?"

"That, and I'd like to see the twins lose, so I'm counting on you to win."

"I'll do my best." He smirked cheekily. "Kiss for good luck?" She reached up on her tippy toes and pressed her lips to his cheek.

"Good luck." She said, and walked away.

It had been raining all night and throughout breakfast, and it didn't look as though it would let up any time soon. It only seemed to get worse as the quidditch match began. Alex was stood beside Hermione, watching the game. Emiko was on her other side, staring at the game with barely concealed interest.
"Just saying, Cedric's going to win." Alex muttered to Hermione.

"Cedric's my friend too, so it's not much of a loss." Hermione whispered back, quietly so that Ron wouldn't overhear.

"Hermione Granger. Whatever happened to house loyalty?" Alex teased.

"If Cedric wins, will you kiss him for real?" Hermione retorted.

"Hey look! There's a bludger headed for Harry!" She changed the subject.

"He can't see a thing." Hermione looked worried as Harry swerved and narrowly missed the bludger.

"It's his glasses. Considering his... aptitude in charms, or lack thereof, I don't think he knows the impervious charm. The rain's probably covering his glasses and obscuring his vision."

"Oh." Hermione watched on. They continued watching, as the chasers did their job, scoring goal after goal. It wasn't until a few hours later that the Gryffindor captain called for a time out. Gryffindor was up by fifty points, by then. "I've got to do something." Hermione sighed.

"Go." Alex said. "I guess it's only fair that Harry be able to actually see, or it's not a win worth counting."

"Gryffindor's ahead. There's no way Hufflepuff's winning."

"I don't know what's up with Heidi today. Either way, Cedric's going to catch the snitch before you guys gain too many points."  Hermione rolled her eyes but quickly made her way to the Gryffindor quidditch team. She caught Harry's attention and cast an impervius charm to his glasses, before making her way back.

The game continued after a short break, though not for long. Almost immediately both Harry and Cedric caught a glimpse of the snitch. Both rushed to it and Alex saw Cedric press himself closer to his broom. It only made him marginally faster than Harry, though that was all he needed to grab the snitch. Cedric's hand closed around the snitch and Alex stood up, cheering along with her housemates. She stopped though, as the rain got harder and turned into hail. She noticed the black figures in the sky and grabbed Hermione's arm.
"Oh no!" Hermione watched as Harry faltered. Time seemed to slow down as he fell off his broom, the wind pushing it further away. Dumbledore brought out his wand, and cast a patronus. It seemed to do the trick and ward them away. Meanwhile Madam Hooch cast the charm to slow Harry's fall. Hermione looked at Alex worriedly.

"Go. Harry needs you." Alex said.

"What about you?"

"I think I'm going to go see Snape." She said. Hermione searched her for any indication of a lie. Satisfied, she rushed after Ron to check on Harry. Alex leaned on the railing in front of her, away from the roof of the spectator section and letting the rain hit her. Putting on a brave face, she turned to her friends.

"You guys think there'll be a rematch?" She asked.

"I don't see how. Cedric caught the snitch before the dementors arrived. A fraction of a second, sure, but it was still before the dementors. We won fair and square." Emiko answered.

"Let's go congratulate them, then." She said and joined the Hufflepuffs crowding the team. She managed to get through to Cedric. "That wa some good flying up there."

"What can I say, I have a good flying buddy. And a great team."

"That you can trust because you're not distrustful and cynical?"

"I never said cynical." He protested. She laughed.