Chapter 3- Flashback

Stoick's POV

(The morning that Hiccup and Astrid ran away)

As everyone in the village was in the Great hall, Ingrid and Harold Hofferson run up to me Panicking. 

"Woah,woah calm down, what's wrong?" I question.

"ASTRIDS MISSING!" They yell.

"So is Hiccup," Gobber says "I just checked the forge and his room most of his belongings are gone" 

"Alright let's not panic," I say calm but I'm panicking inside. "ALRIGHT EVERYONE ASTRID AND HICCUP ARE MISSING SPLIT INTO SEARCH PARTIES AND SEARCH THE ISLAND LEAVE NO STONE UNTURNED" I yell "GOBBER, INGRID, HAROLD, AND SPITELOUT ARE WITH ME"

Everyone went to their homes and got their weapons and started searching. At the end of the day when everyone went back to the great hall. "Has anyone found anything?"

"No sir"

"Nope"

"Nu-uh"

"Not a clue"

"..."

"what is it Phlegma?" I ask stern

"I-I saw something...you would only belive if you see it yourself,follow me,"She says

"Alright Ingrid,Harold,Gobber follow me and Phlegma to what ever this is," I say

---At the cove---

"N-Night fury" I hear gobber murmer.

"What happened?" Harold asked to nobody in particular.

"Alright everyone spread out and search in 5 minutes come together and report what we find" I said nerve-wreaked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright what have we found?" I asked nervous.

"Nothing" both Phlegma,Myself said.

"...I found Hiccups dagger in the lake" gobber said tear-faced.

"I found astrids axe's slashed in the rock over there, and her ripped shirt with blood on it," Ingrid replied tear-faced.

"I found Hiccups ripped shirt with blood on it aswell" Harold said tear-faced.

I say nothing.

"Cheif, I know no one here wants to hear this but all the signs lead to that Astid and Hiccup were murdered by a Night fury" Phlegma said also tear-faced.

"I see..." I spoke tear-faced.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"ATTENTION! From what Phlegma showed us in the cove all the signs lead to that Astid and Hiccup were killed by a Night fury" I say stern but heartbroken on the inside, "I have two things to say 1) Their funeral will be held next Monday 2) MYSELF, GOBBER, AND THE HOFFERSONS SWEAR TO KILL THAT NIGHT FURY FOR KILLING HICCUP AND ASTRID!"

I hear the hall Gassp and whisper things about a night fury and say that they are going to kill it.

"SO DO WE!" I hear and see Snoutlout Jorgenson, Fishlegs Ingerman, Ruffnut and Tuffnut Thorston Yell.

"ALRIGHT THEN AND NO ONE GETS TO KILL THAT NIGHT FURY EXEPT FOR THE HOFFERSONS, THE TEENS, AND MYSELF" I Yell back.

The teens,Gobber,Hoffersons stayed in the great hall to talk about a plan. "So what's the plan" Gobber questions.

"Simple, The teens and Gobber will go island to island for most of the year to hunt down the Night Fury, when they return they will stay for a few months and then set sail again during the year will will stock pile food for them to take. And when they return we will repair their ship for them to set sail again. During the months that ya'll are back are the snoggletog months." I explain

"Alright"

"Got it"

"Yes chief"

"Yes sir"

"Good" I replied and head back to my hut to mourn my family was taken away by dragons.