Ice cream and Chill(NOT LIKE THAT)

"It's time for more Alec bonding time!"

Everyone in the crowd looked at me with yet another look of confusion.

Before anyone could ask questions, I decided to explain my intentions. "We are going to read about Alec and Clary bonding, but this time Izzy is being added in into the mix!" I snapped my fingers and gave everybody a copy of the story.

"The story is called 'chilling and ice cream' by attachiantenephilim(AO3)." I cleared my throat as I started to read.

It's been two years since Clary's life drastically changed and after some... puzzling adventures (her origins, the discovery of a psychotic father and brother, dating her not-really-brother, dating her best friend, her ability to create runes, her mother's death... oh, and let's not forget her real brother kissed her), Clary is proud to say she progressed as a shadowhunter. Jace was the one in charge of her training, and even if making out is a huge part of their sessions, she's on her way to become a good shadowhunter. The one her mother would have been proud of. Also, Clary gained a few friends in this new world, and the best of them all, was obviously Isabelle Lightwood. Since the beginning, Izzy has been nothing but a huge support to her.

"I have a brother?!" Clary shouted in shock. "You dated Simon?" Jace's face scrunched up in digust. "She can create runes?" There are now whispers going around the room, most of them being about the girl's ability to create runes. Before anything could escalate any further I stepped in and kindly told everyone to shut the fuck up.

... which hasn't always been the case of Izzy's dear big brother, Alec.

But after some rough starts, Clary liked the idea that they get on rather well, now. Kinda. He was her boyfriend's parabatai after all, and she knew Alec was also trying to make efforts with her for Jace's sake. Which is why she was surprised and mostly confused, by what the oldest Lightwood just asked her.

"I'm sorry... You need me for a what?" she responded, her eyes narrowing.

"Izzy needs us for a CIC" he repeated, looking a little irritated. It wasn't a secret that Alec hated to repeat himself. Except for Magnus, he would repeat a mantra for the rest of his life, just for the warlock.

Izzy gasped with shock, her eyes basically sparkling with joy.

"And what exactly is a CIC?"

"Magic." Isabelle sighed.

"We'll explain to you later. But for now, I need you to tell me your favourite ice cream flavour."

"Okay, this is getting weirder" the readhead said "But um, it's mint chocolate chip."

"Good. Just be in Izzy's room in forty minutes."

Clary couldn't reply anything because Alec was already gone. The young girl checked the hour and it was mid-evening, so she decided she would take a shower before going to Izzy's room. Forty minutes later, she knocked and came in after Izzy told her she could. And... Let's just say the Isabelle Lightwood she saw, was an Isabelle she's never seen before. The brunette was make-up free, had a messy bun instead of her perfectly curled hair, and was wearing shorts with just a sweater too big for her. Clary was almost sure it was one of Alec's actually.

Jace and Alec sucked their teeth knowing that if Izzy was acting like this something big must've happened.

"Izzy? Are you okay?"

"No. I'm angry and hungry, which is funny because those two words both have the same three letters at the end." Izzy said, laying in her unmade bed and Clary wondered if she wasn't high on Yin Fen again. But after a moment considering the idea, she concluded that Izzy was just upset.