Chapter Thirteen

"Sirius Black? Is that you?"

Sirius turned around and raised an eyebrow. "Yes? do I know you?" He asked. 

Petunia stared at Sirius for what seemed like hours before responding. "H-how are you here? You're supposed to be in jail!"

Sirius rolled his eyes. "Muggles..." He breathed. He turned around and stuck his hand out for Petunia to shake it.

"I'm Harry's godfather. And since you're here, I suppose you know who Harry Potter is?"

Petunia's mouth dropped open. "G-godfather?" She stammered.

"Yes, godfather. And you are?" 

Petunia scrambled to shake Sirius's hand. "I'm Harry's aunt, and this here is his cousin, Dudley."

Sirius's eyes widened in rage. He could have tackled the two to the floor if Remus hadn't been there to hold him back.

"You're the ones who made Harry's life miserable all these years!?" He bellowed. He kept trying to attack the Dursleys.

"I-"

"Do you know what it does to someone to be abused by their own family for their whole life?! I know personally because it happened to me too!"

"Sirius!" Remus yelled. "Calm yourself! There's nothing you can do now, as much as I hate to admit it."

"Remus, let me go!"

"Sirius..." 

The animagus growled before yanking away from the other man's arms. "I swear, if you ever hurt Harry EVER again, I will make sure you end up exactly like how your husband did."

Petunia and Dudley turned pale and nodded. 

Sirius turned to Lucius. "Malfoy."

"Black."

"I never knew that you'd let muggles into your house. Let alone these ones."

Lucius rolled his eyes. "I had no choice. Draco and Pot-Harry wanted it." 

Sirius didn't respond and simply walked out of the room with Remus following him. Hermione sighed and ran out after the two men, leaving Ginny, Lucius and the Dursleys in a room.

"So..." Ginny started. "How are you three getting along?"

"We're doing fine." Petunia whispered. Only after a few days at Malfoy Manor, she realized that what her family did to Harry was horrible. And all because she was jealous of her dead sister's talents. Petunia had never known what Harry's life at Hogwarts was actually like, and it was clear it was nothing like what she thought it would be.

Dudley on the other hand, was still so stubborn that he never came to a realization like his mother. He was also still obsessed with Draco that he just couldn't accept the fact that the other boy had a soulmate.

After what seemed like forever, Lucius led Petunia and Dudley out of the room.

Ginny smiled sadly down at Harry and Draco who were currently lying lifeless on the bed. It had been a little more than a week since this curse had been put on them. It had been Dumbledore's doing, no doubt. And he would pay for what he did, big time.

***

Harry woke up in a dark room. He looked around frantically, trying to find Draco.  This room was oddly familiar. He pulled out his wand.

"Lumos." He whispered. The room lit up, and Harry gasped. He looked around and all his memories about this strange place floated back to him.

In the corner of the room, there was a crib with a blanket inside of it. There was a bright blue couch that was now covered with dust. And right in the middle of the room, there was a mantelpiece with pictures of a happy looking family. A mother and a father holding a baby.

The mother had flaming red hair and green eyes, shining with adoration. The father had messy black hair with glasses, and he was looking at the other two in the picture with so much love.

With his unruly black hair and brilliant emerald green eyes, Harry knew exactly who the baby in the picture was.

"Mum, dad..." 

"Hello Harry."

Harry whirled around. His eyes widened and his mouth dropped open. There standing before him was Lily and James Potter.

Harry was speechless. He rubbed his eyes once before they filled up with tears. 

"Is that really you? It's not Dumbledore tricking me again?" He whimpered.

Who Harry presumed was his mother nodded. She smiled sadly at him and beckoned for Harry to come closer.

"It is." She laughed softly. "Come to Mumma, Harry. Come here!"

Harry let out a cry before running into Lily's arms.

"Mum! Dad!" He wailed. James walked over to them and grabbed both of them into a tight embrace.

"Shh, Harry. It's alright. We're here now. We're here."

***

Since Draco and Harry seemed to be out cold, so everybody could relax. Everybody but Hermione, Ginny, Lucius and Tom stayed beside them. They just couldn't seem to leave the two alone.

Dudley and Petunia were in their room, probably sleeping. All the other death eaters had gone home, and Luna was staying in another guest room. Sirius and Remus were out in the garden to clear their minds a little, since seeing their godson like that was unbearable.

The four remaining people were all wrapped up in their own thoughts.

Dumbledore will pay for this. I don't care what it takes, I will make sure he does. Hermione thought bitterly.

I knew he was crazy, but this?! Trying to separate two people connected with a soulmate bond, something that no normal sane person would do, is too much. If-WHEN Harry and Draco wake up, Dumb-as-a-door will be in big trouble. Ginny seethed. 

That old coot will suffer. Was all Lucius could think.

This is impossible. Nobody could break a soulmate bond. Especially not with a normal spell that can be casted so simply. If Dumbledore can do this, we may have really underestimated him. Tom was very confused. Nobody, not even Merlin himself should be able to break a bond like this. And since Harry and Draco were already really strong before, their bond should be too! Dumbledore was getting older, and he was getting weaker as well. So this type of curse would require a massive amount of power.

All of them must have fallen asleep sometime at around midnight, because when Althea rushed to wake them up, there was light shining through the curtains of the room. This did nothing to lighten the mood, though. Barley anybody spoke during breakfast, except for when Hermione said a quiet 'Good morning' to everyone. 

Right after breakfast was finished, Hermione rushed to the library. Probably to bury herself in books to forget about what was happening to her two close friends. Ginny left without saying a word and took off on her broom to get some alone time. Tom and Lucius shut themselves in their rooms and stayed in there for most of the day. Petunia and Dudley decided to just lounge around the manor.

The day was very uneventful. Lunch and dinner was a repeat of breakfast. About halfway through the meal, Lucius decided to leave to Harry and Draco's room. 

He stared at Harry and his son for a long time before finally slumping into a chair.

All of his memories with Draco throughout his life were suddenly all he could think about. As Draco grew older, their connection got worse and worse.

Perhaps that was my fault. Lucius thought solemnly.