four

That night, I couldn't sleep. I made my way downstairs to the common room, and sat by the fire for a while, trying to clear my head.

It was a little past 1am when I heard someone walking down the stairs. I jumped up, expecting it to be Hermione, so I could rant all about Fred to her. But guess who it was? Fred Weasley.

"𝘖𝘩, 𝘩𝘦𝘺. 𝘋𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘢𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘭. 𝘋𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥?" He said, gesturing to the empty seat next to me. I nodded my head, kicking my feet off the seat and snuggling with my blanket.

"𝘐𝘵𝘴 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦, 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵? 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦, 𝘐 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯. 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘺." I said, trying to make small talk. But it only made it more awkward. A moment passed, and he finally decided to speak.

"𝘐𝘮 𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘐'𝘮 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘰 𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘦𝘵. 𝘐𝘮 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘬𝘦𝘱𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘭, 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶.. 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬." He said, turning his head towards me.

My whole chest felt like it was going to burst. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I should probably answer him.

"𝘜𝘮.. 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘩. 𝘠𝘦𝘢𝘩, 𝘐 𝘥𝘰. 𝘐 𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘸, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵." The words fell out of my mouth so quickly, I didn't even have time to process what I said.

"𝘞𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘥." He said, looking back at the fire.

Time passed by, and it seemed like Fred had fallen asleep. I was really uncomfortable, so I thought I'd just rest my head on his shoulder for a while. I shifted over, but it turns out he wasn't asleep yet. I jumped when he turned his head.

"𝘚𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺, 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘭𝘢𝘺 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯, 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦." His words felt like butter. I laid down in his lap, while his fingers ran through my hair. This was a moment I'd never forget.

I must have fallen asleep, because by the time I had woken up, the fire was out and the windows were filled with sunshine.

"𝘍𝘳𝘦𝘥. 𝘍𝘳𝘦𝘥, 𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘶𝘱. 𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘪-" I was startled by a figure standing in the corner.

"𝘔𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨." It was George. This was embarrassing.

"𝘔𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨." I said back. I stood up and folded my blanket, with Fred still asleep. He looked so perfect, even with his messy hair. Is this what love felt like? No, it couldn't. I've only been with him for a day or two.