six

𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙔𝙐𝙇𝙀 𝘽𝘼𝙇𝙇

I was so nervous. My hands were shaking, palms all sweaty, and I was going to trip on my dress. But I looked great. Hermione made sure to tell me that.

I entered the doors to the ball, and it was beautiful, my god. Everything was perfect. I looked down, to see Fred waiting at the bottom of the stairs for me. His jaw was on the floor, and it made me laugh. But behind him, something caught my eye. It was Draco. And he was alone. He looked miserable.

I guess Draco had realized we made eye contact, and quickly walked into the ballroom. But I didn't think much of it. I walked down the stairs, making sure not to trip.

"𝘏𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘰 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨" Fred said, taking my hand.

"𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵." I said, fluffing up his hair. This boy had put in enough gel for an army.

"𝘕𝘰𝘵 𝘢𝘴 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶. 𝘐 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯, 𝘸𝘰𝘸. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦." he said, walking around me to get a 360 look. I blushed, and led him to the ballroom.

The whole night was amazing. More than I could have ever imagined. We danced the night away, taking breaks for Harry, Cedric, and the others to dance. Harry looked distraught. I managed to pull him and Ron away from their dates for a little bit, while Fred went to look for George.

"𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘴 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶?" I asked Harry. Ron looked just as equally rough.

"𝘞𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘮 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘪𝘴, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘭𝘰𝘵𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘮𝘴 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘥 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳. 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘖𝘜𝘛𝘍𝘐𝘛 𝘪𝘴 𝘏𝘖𝘙𝘙𝘌𝘕𝘋𝘖𝘜𝘚. 𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘰𝘧𝘧. 𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘸𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯." Ron rambled. Harry looked at him and cocked an eyebrow

"𝘖𝘩 𝘤𝘮𝘰𝘯, 𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘣𝘢𝘥. 𝘉𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘴, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘸𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯. 𝘈𝘯𝘥..." Harry leaned over and took a whiff of Rons shoulder. "𝘴𝘮𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘰."

A little while passes, and I go off to look for Fred, but I'm stopped by none other than Draco Malfoy. He looks like he's seen better days.

"𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘰𝘧𝘧 𝘵𝘰 𝘠/𝘓/𝘕?" He says, pulling me to the side.

"𝘎𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘍𝘳𝘦𝘥. 𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴?" I snarked, but his face says that he didn't have one. "𝘖𝘩, 𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺. 𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘴𝘬 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦?" I said

"𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵." He said, his face slowly relaxing. This felt wrong. I knew what he was going to say, but I couldn't let it happen.

"𝘋𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘰, 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘸. 𝘐'𝘮 𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺. 𝘞𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬... 𝘵𝘰𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘸?" I sputtered out. I walked away, leaving him to stand there in the room by himself.