Chapter 2

My eyes snapped open at the sound of my alarm clock, waking me up at six in the morning. Normally, I would wish I could smash the evil device for waking me up, but this time I was less annoyed while I hit the snooze button. I slowly got up into a sitting position and looked at my calendar with a tired smile on my face. This was my first day at Canterlot High.

I got out of bed and took a shower before grabbing my backpack and going downstairs to find that my mother had already made breakfast. I ate my food at a steady pace before my mother and I went to the garage and got into her car for her to drive me to school. Usually, I would dread being driven to school, but I couldn't be any more excited to be in a better high school than the one in Appleloosa. My mom parked near the front entrance, and she kissed me goodbye before I got off her car and happily walked to the front door, where I found Soarin waiting for me with a smile.

"Yo, Rough Draft, wassup, bro?" He greeted as we high-fived each other. "Ready to start the first day."

"Very," I said with an eager smile. "I'm sure I'll hate all the school work we'll have to do, but for now, I'm just excited to be in a better and more friendly school."

"I hear ya, man," Soarin said. "Why don't I show you to Vice Principal Luna's office since we got time before first period? I'm sure she already has your schedule ready for ya."

"That would be great," I said.

Thus, the two of us entered the school and started walking down the halls to our destination. The entire time we walked, I was looking at the interior of the school in awe as if I was looking at a grand palace. Soarin noticed my reaction and chuckled lightly.

"Pretty enough for ya, Rough Draft?" He asked half-teasingly.

"You bet," I said with a massive grin on my face. "My old school was this small, one-story building that was old and dull. To say that this is a total upgrade would be an understatement."

"Yeah, the way you've been describing Appleloosa since you moved in, I'm sure this looks like the whole place is covered in gold by comparison," Soarin said before his face turned serious. "Speaking of gold, did you remember to bring a certain item with you to school?"

"Sure did," I said while patting my left jean pocket. "The ring hasn't left my side since I found it."

"Good. I hope we can find an opportunity for you to give it back to Octavia Melody today; the sooner, the better," Soarin said.

I nodded in agreement, but I secretly still hoped that if I see Octavia Melody again, I will be able to get to know her better. At the same time, however, I feel I should be worried about her boyfriend, Blueblood, after the way Soarin, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash warned me about how him. We discussed the matter a few times over the week, and it sounds like finding another moment with Octavia apart from Blueblood will be complicated.

"Are they that inseparable in school?" I asked.

"Pretty much," Soarin said. "The first two years here, Blueblood has been making sure they're in the same class at the same time no matter what, so there's no reason to think this year will be any different. It's kind of strange. I mean, I can understand wanting to be with the girl you like or love all the time, but most people would agree that this is a bit much."

I nodded and said, "Guess that shows how being rich and related to the principal and vice-principal has its privileges."

"You can say that again, bro," Soarin said as we entered an office where a woman in dark blue skin is handing out schedules to students. She turned to us and gave Soarin an amused smirk.