Chapter 4

It is the second day of school, and my mom had just dropped me off at the front of Canterlot High. I looked at the two-story building and let out a sigh, still feeling guilty about what happened last night.

After Blueblood fell off the balcony, I called 911 while Octavia rushed out of the restaurant to Blueblood's side. It took about ten minutes before an ambulance arrived, and we rode to the nearest hospital. Blueblood was wailing like a child the entire ride to the hospital, thinking he had been paralyzed and that his "beautiful" face had been disfigured forever. The paramedic kept telling him that he wasn't paralyzed, and Octavia tried to convince him that he wasn't disfigured, but he kept crying until the paramedic gave him a shot to calm him down.

When we got to the hospital, Octavia and I had to wait in the hall while the doctors were working on Blueblood. The whole time I didn't know what to say to Octavia after punching her boyfriend off the balcony. She just stared at the wall, not moving a muscle. After an hour, the doctor came in and told us that Blueblood broke one of his arms, a couple of ribs were cracked, and they put on a neck brace as a precaution. He then said that Blueblood would have to stay in the hospital for at least a couple of days, and then stay at home for six weeks for his ribs to heal. Octavia asked if she could stay with him for the night and the doctor said yes, so she immediately went to her phone to call her parents. After she called them, she ordered a taxi to drive me home. While we were waiting outside, I decided to finally apologize and say that I didn't mean to punch Blueblood off the balcony. It took a few seconds before she gave me a sad smile and quietly said it was okay and it was an accident. When the taxi arrived, she just said goodbye without looking at me and went back inside the hospital while I got in the cab.

Now I'm on my way to my second day of school, hoping to get last night off my mind. But when I went inside, I noticed everyone staring at me. They looked at me like I'm some violent delinquent giving them an intimidating glare. I became uncomfortable about what is making them afraid of me until I heard a familiar voice.

"Rough Draft, over here."

I turned my head to see Starlight Glimmer inside one of the classrooms, gesturing for me to come in with a worried look. Relieved to see a friendly face, I quickly went in, and Starlight immediately closed the door behind me. I looked around the room to find Caramel, Soarin, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Fluttershy all looking at me. Caramel and Pinkie Pie were looking concerned while Soarin, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash were looking at me suspiciously. Fluttershy was as worried as Starlight while Rarity looked like she wanted to tear me to pieces.

"Uh, hey guys," I said awkwardly. "What's going on?"

"We could ask you the same thing," Soarin said. "Care to enlighten us with what happened last night at the Tasty Treat?"

I looked at him, surprised, and asked, "You know about that?"

"Of course, we do!" Rarity shrieked. "Everyone knows that you tried to murder Blueblood!"

"What?!" I shouted. "I didn't try to kill him."

"Yes, you did!" Rarity accused. "You wanted Octavia Melody so badly that you wanted to get my Bluey out of the way! I'll tear you to pieces and -!"

"Rarity, calm down!" Fluttershy exclaimed, stepping in front of Rarity before she could storm toward me. "Think happy thoughts! Think about your latest frock!"

Rarity's angry face faltered, and she turned to Fluttershy as if she was instantly the most exciting thing in the world.

"My latest frock?" Rarity asked like she was in a daze.

"That's right," Fluttershy said calmly, knowing that she had Rarity's attention. "Think of how you made it in such exquisite shades of black and gray. How you did the stitching so perfectly, and it didn't look too showy."