Chapter 7

The rest of the first week of school went by very smoothly compared to how it started. Octavia and I met up with Starlight Glimmer after school again on Thursday and Friday to work on homework. Afterward, I walked Octavia home, which we decided to be a regular thing whether we stay after school with Starlight Glimmer or not. Best of all, I didn't see Adagio again for the rest of the week, and it seemed like I didn't have to worry about her since Sonata didn't give me any new information about her sister pursuing me. All in all, it looked like I didn't have any drama to worry about for a good long while.

Come Saturday, I started the weekend playing video games on my laptop while my parents were out. I hoped I would be able to do something over the weekend with my group of friends, but no one was able to. Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie had to work at their jobs, Rainbow Dash and Soarin were hosting tryouts for the sports team at school, Applejack, Big Mac, and Caramel were working at the Apple's family farm, and Starlight Glimmer had things to do with her father. So, that left me to play video games or watch tv at home like I always did on weekends even back when I was living in Appleloosa.

And yet, while my eyes were glued to the screen, my thoughts were on Octavia. I couldn't help thinking of the time I had spent together with her throughout the entire school week. I felt I was already making some great memories with her even when it was just us doing homework with Starlight Glimmer, hearing her play her cello, or me walking her home. I was thankful for how I was able to be around her more when I started school, expecting to only see her once so that I could return her ring. The way fate was playing out, I began to hope that I could be her friend for more than a few weeks. Maybe she could convince Blueblood to ease up and let her have friends like me and Starlight Glimmer permanently. It sounded like a longshot given how Blueblood was so obstinate, but I hoped I could talk with her more and see her smile at me while looking at me with her mesmerizing violet eyes as opposed to only seeing her from a distance at English class. Either way, I couldn't wait to see her again.

Fortunately, as I was playing my video game, I heard my phone vibrating from my nightstand. I paused the game and picked up my phone, expecting to see a call from Pinkie Pie or Soarin or anyone else from the group, but my heart skipped a beat when I saw it was actually a call coming from Octavia. I stared at the screen, unsure if I was looking at my phone right before I answered the call.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hello, Rough Draft? It's me, Octavia," Octavia said from my speaker.

I smiled at the sound of her voice and said, "Hi, how are you?"

"Doing well," Octavia answered. "Actually, I'm wondering if you're busy."

My eyes widened, and my mouth opened slightly. I paused for a moment before I said, "Not at the moment."

"Good," Octavia said. "I'm asking because I have some errands to run, and I would like to have my 'assistant' with me."

"Oh? Do you need me to hold your bags and stuff like that?" I asked.

"Indeed," Octavia replied. "Do you think you could meet me at the mall?"

"What time?" I asked.

"How about we meet at the main entrance at one," Octavia said.

"Sounds like a plan," I said.

"Excellent. See you then," she said.

"Looking forward to it," I replied.

With that, she hung up, and I paused for a couple of seconds before I started beaming with glee. I checked the time on my phone to see that it was half-past eleven, so I decided to use that time to take a shower and find a black polo shirt so that I could look nicer than just my regular t-shirt. After having a light lunch, I walked over to the mall, making it to the main entrance with a couple of minutes to spare. I started playing a game on my phone until I saw someone standing next to me from the edge of my eye and looked up to see that it was Octavia.