Part 7 Authority Reversal

Kazuma POV

"Wait Aqua, let's strategize instead of just rushing in!" I said

I've got a bad feeling that if she just rushes in we might not make it

"Ugh what's a NEET like you going to plan anyway?!" Aqua rebuffed

"I can make plan! Plus I've read Re:Zero!"

Y/N POV

Y/N: so what do you want from me?

Pandora: oh you? Nothing much, just want you to join back...After all we have use of you here in the cult yet.

Y/N: 'damn she doesn't seem to be too interested in leaving me alone... Need to stall for time...'

Y/N: why me Pandora? I can't imagine it's easy to cross dimensions, much less into a domain where the gods themselves roam freely.

Pandora had a face of pure confidence

Pandora: well it's easy when you could just make a wish to the world to open up a portal to your world... Although the hard part-what am I doing? Are you joining us or no?

Y/N: "well..."

I intentionally lengthen the amount of time to awkward level of silence before I broke it

Y/N: "what are the benefits? I mean, surely there must be more than just having Satella's love right? I mean, Wrath doesn't even want her love! So benefits being...?"

Pandora: "well-"

just as she was about to speak, commotions erupted from the mass of Cultists behind her. when the crowds parted ways, out comes Kazuma

Kazuma: "oh hello there beautiful loli! how are you doing this fine evening? I'm just here passing by, before I found this giant mass of people-oh hey! Y/N!"

He rushes towards me and starts to pull me out.

I just give him a thankful face

Pandora: "hold it."

And we froze in fear.

Gulping down, we turned to her before Kazuma did something I never expected.

Kazuma: "[STEAL]!"

Y/N: 'what the hell? He just started a few days ago! How the hell did he- that luck stat, he must've somehow got that skill from his stupid luck stat! Oh that is just Bullshit! I call Bullshit!'

As the flash of light ended, nothing was in his hand

Y/N: "However...There's nothing in his hand after he casted [Steal] so...Maybe not?'

However, he clearly did steal something as evidenced by Pandora dropping onto the ground shivering and mumbling "impossible..."

???: "GOD BLOW!"

A sudden flash of light and heat destroyed a large number of Cultists as they are blasted away

Spikes of earth erupted from the ground, instantly skewering dozens of the cultists

With a blushing red face, Pandora yelled out

Pandora: "KILL HIM!"

Pointing at Kazuma, while he had a face that screamed 'ah?'

Dozens of fireballs flew at Kazuma's face

Gluttony, who was fighting Aqua, instantly switched target, hands stretched out with the intent on eating his memories just as I was clearing out the fireballs thrown our way.

Just as Gluttony was inches away, he used the knife on his forearm and stabbed Kazuma.

Or at least that's what's supposed to happen

He just suddenly vanished

Like one second he's there and the next he's not.

The perplexed face that Kazuma shown clearly showing that he had no idea either.

Pandora: "ARGH! No no no no no! This isn't how it's supposed to go!"

Y/N: "... Kazuma?"

Just as Kazuma was celebrating, a knife suddenly went through his back

Y/N: 'shit! A cultist sneaked up on him!' "KAZUMA!"

Using Stillness, I instantly ripped the cultist who did the deed into shreds.

Placing a 2 finger on his neck

Y/N: "damn it no pulse..." 'but...This could be good, his luck was too high for my plans anyhow so he needed to go'

Aqua: "did he suffer?"

Y/N: 'huh? When did she...'

Looking around, I found the dead bodies of cultists all over the forest.

Y/N: "no... The knife when straight though the heart, and Pandora?"

Aqua made a smug face: "knocked her out and tied her up"

Y/N: 'tied her-' "WAIT WHAT? You can't just tie a Witch-"

I then realized that Aqua is pointing at something

Turning around and... Kazuma's body isn't there...

Y/N: "what..."

A sudden hand was placed on both of our shoulders as I instinctively severed the perpetrator's head.

Only to realize that it's Kazuma

Back from the dead

Somehow

And I just killed him again.

Y/N: "oh shi-"

A blink of the eye later revealed Kazuma's body to be gone from its original bloodied place

Aqua's look of horror turned to confusion as she thinks of perhaps an illusion.

Kazuma: "OUCH THAT HURT!"

We then turned to the voice, finding a perfectly fine Kazuma, he looked like the decapitation didn't happen...

So we did the only thing reasonable

Y/N&Aqua: "GHOST!"