Tryouts

Kageyama's P.O.V
     I started walking towards the gym, today was the first day of volleyball tryouts. I was nervous but excited. Honestly I was just excited, you see I love volleyball. On my old team I was the setter but, I was called King of the Court due to me being too bossy and demanding. I have the fear that nobody is going to be behind me to get the ball and spike it. I look up and notice I'm already at the gym. I take a deep breath and walk inside to be met with the sound of balls hitting the floor, shoes hitting the floor, and calls of "mine" and "I got it" and "BALL!!!"
     After a while they make us do drills and see how good we are. There's a kid, he has red hair, has hazel eyes, short about 5'6", loud, and very bad at volleyball. The next drill was spiking, I was first. I ran up and spiked the ball down on the other side of the court. Next was the red head, pfft he won't be able to- In just a blink that little red head ran up and spiked the ball on the other side of the court. The gym went silent. How did he? What?!?! The kid is good. I notice that he is staring at me, I turn away and blush. He's kinda cute... wait what?! I shake my head.
        A few hours later
     They announced whose on the team and who isn't, only 4 people got on the team since the other people didn't join for the actual fun of the sport, just for the girls uniforms since our club room was next to theirs. Honestly, boys are so horny these days it's embarrassing. The red head kid got in tho, he jumps really high being that short. I start walking back home when I feel a tug on my sleeve, I look behind me and see the kid. "Hello! I'm Hinata Shoyo, and your name is Kageyama Tobio am I correct?" He asks, his eyes sparkling while asking. "Yes that is correct," I say calmly while he looks like hes about to explode. "I saw you setting today, you were awesome! I wanted to know if you would set for me?" He said the last part in a whispered tone. I looked at him and said, "sure."
    A few months later
  "Kageyama!!!! That's not fair!!" Hinata shouted and puffed out his cheeks. I just chuckled. Hes so cute... After some time, I started growing a crush on Hinata. Who wouldn't? Hes perfect. Hes energetic, kind, cute, and in all my type. We have started practicing our quick attacks, that's how we became this close. With my quick sets and his speed, we make the perfect duo. I felt someone grab my arm and look down to see Hinata grabbing it, then running.
     "BOKE HINATA BOKE!!!" I shouted at him. "C'mon slowpoke, we're going to be late for class!" He shouted back as he continued to run with me behind running after him. We had the same classes. Thank god we made it in time.
           After school
      We compete in everything, every day we race to school, our classes, and to the gym to practice. This time Hinata won. "Yes! 56-56 its tied!" He shouted while pumping his fists in the air. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket so I grab it. I look at the notification and see that Coach Ukai texted us.

Coach Ukai- I have some family problems so practice will be cancelled today.

      I then turn to Hinata to see that he is reading the text. He then looks up at me and says, "Do you want to go practice at the park? We didn't come all this way for nothing" I nod my head as we made our way down to the park.
          After practicing (sorry I'm supa lazy rn)
       We started to walk back home. It's a little chilly, I look over to Hinata to see him shivering. I take off my sweatshirt and give it to him. He looks at me shocked and shakes his head. "I can't Kags, then you'll be cold." I then place it in his hands. "Don't worry, I have enough body warmth. You need it more than me." He stares and me, blushes a little bit and smiles. He then puts it on, and then turns to me and smiles. "Thanks Kags!"
          My heart is pounding so fast in my chest. He looks adorable in my sweatshirt. I look ahead and see the intersection up ahead 2 or 3 blocks. I then look at Hinata and think, nows the time to confess, it's now or never.
         "Oi, Hinata!" He looks at me with a questioning look. I stare into his hazel eyes, how beautiful they are, like rays of sunshine shining through them bringing them light to the world around them. "I-I...." How do I put this? "I-I l-like you H-hinata, I like you a lot. I've liked you since the first day I saw you. You are an amazing person and it's ok if you dont-" I was interrupted by Hinata kissing me- wait... HINATA IS KISSING ME!!!
       I'm shocked but soon enough I shut my eyes and melt into the kiss. He pulls away and we are gasping for air, we must've kissed for a minute or so. "I like you too, Kageyama."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ A/N I hope you enjoyed, it was fun writing this and I'm going to try to write longer oneshots, I'm sorry if they were short I was really lazy.
Anyways- have a great day or goodnight where ever you are. Thank you!!!! ❤