Chapter 1- Happy Birthday

You were walking to school when you suddenly feel someone's presence behind you expecting that was your best friend, Mai Nametsu.

You and Mai are second-years and she is the manager of Date Tech High's boy's volleyball team.

"Ohayoo Y/n-sannn" Mai said.

You just hummed in response.

'Hmmm cold as always....' Mai said to herself.

"Are you excited for your first day of school Y/n-san??"

"A little" you smiled.

You went to a different school in your first year so today is your first day of school in Date Tech High.

"Make sure to get yourself a boyfriend this year okay??" She said happily.

"I'm not interested."

"Yes you are"

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are"

"Please...stop Mai.."

'Yeah..I should stop, I need to stop..but I can't..Y/n I know this is selfish, but I can't stand seeing you cry over that idiot.'

"Y/n-san..you know..I hate seeing you cry right?....I know you're still crying over him...you still love him even tho he played with your feelings right?..this sounds so selfish but I want to see you being in love again..I want you to forget him."

"You deserve better than him Y/n.."

After she said those words you just remained silent as you feel your heart ached, remembering those words your ex-boyfriend said back then.

Too straightforward right?? But that's what you like about your best friend.

(Flashback)

While laying on your bed, you were texting your boyfriend.

It was April 1 so that was "April fools day"

️:
:I'm tired.

:You
You should sleep, just text me once you wake up ❤️.

❤️:
:No.
:what I mean is, I'm tired of this relationship.

:You
Are you serious?

❤️:
:it's April 1st babe
:April fools day
:but yeah I'm tired from practice, so I'm going to sleep, good night ily.

:You
Ohh.. Okay...goodnight ilytoo❤️

....

You noticed that he's been cold to you lately.

Since it was just a prank, you drifted to sleep.

You don't really overthink so you just shrugged it off and besides, you trust him.

The next day was the same as usual, texting your boyfriend, when he said he wanted to say something.

He said he was sorry for not telling you sooner and he said he's tired already..

He said he doesn't feel the same way from the very start.

You frozed as you saw his last message.

A three words message.

'Let's break up'

The prank came true.

You just wished that you never sleep that night.

He played with your feelings.

Imagine being fooled by someone you have loved and trusted.

Mai was there all the time but she couldn't do anything since you were pushing her away, she's always there for you when you need her.

(End of flashback)

While still walking she broke the awkward silence and said.

"Y/n-san..."

"...hmm??"

"I'm sorry for saying those.."

"It's okay, you have a point there.."

"Y/n-saaaaaaan"

"Stop it, let's go. "

"Ohhhh btw Y/n-san, my friend wants to walk with us are you okay with it?"

"Yeah sure whatever"

"Oh he said he's waiting infront of the school"

'He?!'

'I hope she knows that I'm quite uncomfortable with guys'

'Well I guess I should start thinking that not all guys were like him if I want to move on..'

'Maybe that guy is her boyfriend'

The two of you stopped at the school gate to meet Mai's 'friend'.

Mai waved at him as you hide behind her.

"Ohayo Futakuchi-kun!!" Mai greeted him.

"Ohayo momnager"

"Hmmph..stfu"

"oh they look like a couple so I guess they're dating" you thought.

He looked at you for a second.

Mai was about to introduce you but this boy interrupted her.

"What's up with that shortie over there??" He said now looking at Mai.

"I was ab-" she was interrupted once again.

But Mai was not pissed or something

She was surprised

"Excuse me what?? Shortie?? Shortie your ass" you said as Mai was shocked by your reply.

She missed the old Y/n

"You want my ass girl??" Futakuchi said raising an eyebrow.

"Dude you got some flat ass"

"Lol that wasn't me, that was Oikawa"

"You're annoying"

"I'm not annoying chibi, I'm Futakuchi Kenji" he said while smirking.

"And what about you chibi?, what's you're name?" He added

"I'm not telling you"

"Then guess what?I'm gonna keep calling you shortie for the rest of your life"

"As if you'll be there for the rest of my life"

'She's something...too bad I don't like this type of girls'

'She's different than them'

Mai was just there standing like a statue, she didn't know what to react, that rare sight of you, that was what she wanted to see in you.

She knows when you talk like that to other people it means your starting to be comfortable with them.

She didn't expect that Futakuchi can make you talk like that again after what happened to your past.

"Now now, enough of that guys or else we'll be late for school, by the way, Futakuchi-kun, today is your birthday right?"

"Yeah.."

"H-happy birthday.." you stuttered due to embarrassment.

"Lol. Thank you chibi"

'I think I already know where this is going' Mai mumbled to herself, smirking like an idiot.

To be continued.....