Chapter 2- Unknown Number

"Mai-san you didn't tell me that you have a boyfriend and no offense, he's annoying as fuck." You said as the three of you were eating lunch.

-Yes it's already lunch coz why not? -

The two of them staring at each other feeling disgusted as Futakuchi throwed a tissue paper on Mai's face.

"Dude wtf"

"Eww disgusting, this girl right here?? Eww"

"So you guys aren't dating?" You said trying to figure out what's going on.

"Girl you know how talkative am I  right? So if I ever dated a guy, I should've told you before"

"K."

You were sitting beside Mai while Futakuchi was sitting in front of you and Mai.

"Oi shortie I'm asking you this for the second time, what's your name?" Futakuchi said looking at you while your pretending that you didn't hear anything and just looked away.

You were not called by the teacher earlier so you didn't introduce yourself.

"Oh haha, I'm sorry Futakuchi-kun, she's not in the mood that's why, but her name i-"

You shoved an onigiri in Mai's mouth so she couldn't continue what she was saying.

'Ehh?? What's wrong with her?' Mai thought.

Mai carefully chewed the onigiri while pouting.

'I'm just asking if what's her name, what's wrong with that?' Futakuchi thought to himself.

The three of you were classmates, Mai drags Futakuchi with her because she's planning on something.

She thought that maybe Futakuchi can help her.

Mai, herself, doesn't even know why is she so desperate in making you happy once again.

'If Futakuchi can make her talk like that, that means she's comfortable around him'

She know that this isn't the right thing to do since you said that you're not interested.

But she wants to try changing your sad memories into happy memories.

Yes, indeed, she's your best friend, you're happy with her but you still can't move on with your ex-boyfriend.

She knows how hurt are you deep inside, you may look okay in your looks, but she knows your heart isn't.

As the three of you finished eating your lunches, right on time, the bell rang.

"Mai-san, you can go without me, I'll just buy some extra pens for sketching."

'Kinda rude Y/n, Futakuchi is also here..' Mai said to herself before answering. "Sure, alright Futakuchi-kun let's go"

'Guess I'll just ask Mai' Futakuchi thought.

"Oi Mai-san, what's her name?"

"Hmmmmm?? Are you perhaps interested in her?" Mai said smirking like an idiot once again.

"I'm not interested.."

"Well..her name i-" ooof she was cut off, AGAIN..

"Hey you two!, you're late" the teacher said, tapping the stick on the table.

Then the two of them went inside the classroom and went to their sits.

__

You're also late, thankfully the teacher let you in.

You noticed Mai was kinda busy..and quiet?

You just shrugged it off and now looking at the window.

On the other hand, Mai was writing something on a piece of paper, she was smiling.

She finished writing and now looking at Futakuchi smiling again.

"What??" Futakuchi said in a low voice. Kinda whispering...

She shoved the piece of paper inside of Futakuchi's blazer.

He was curious about what's written in the paper, him getting impatient and impatient until he literally can't wait and carefully took out the piece of paper.

There, he saw a cellphone number.

"What's this?"

"That's her cellphone number..call her okay??"

"I don't even know her, not even her name."

"It's at the back of the paper" she winks.

Futakuchi's eyes widened, '(Y/n),(L/n)??'

Mai chuckled at Futakuchi's reaction while you're already zoning out in class..

You didn't even notice that the class is over and your classmates were ready to go home.

You didn't even move, until Mai tapped your shoulders.

"Let's go home"

"Oh..okay.."

As the time passed by, the two of you separated ways, just bidding goodbyes.

You went inside your house but no one was there since your parents were always busy with their works, but sometimes they're not busy.

You just went to your room, dropped your bag and laid on your bed

Feeling tired from school, you were about to close your eyes when your phone vibrated.

Without hesitations, you opened your phone.

You received a message.

From an unknown number.

To be continued...