Do We Have A Plan?

After waking up and getting dressed, I stumbled into the kitchen to find a note left on the counter, it read:

Alicia, your brother and I will be gone for most of the day, just know that

Of course, Jean wouldn't tell me where she was going or why, but at least no one would be home, Phantom could roam free around the house.

Oh, right, we have to go to the lake today

 I thought to myself, and started filling up the kettle, placing it on the stove, and turning on the burner. I grabbed a mug and placed it on the counter behind me, and walked off to my room.

But we haven't done anything about the law that may be coming up soon, or the monster on the loose. We need a plan. We need to figure out what's doing that to that monster.

          I got dressed and later called out Phantom, telling him no one would be home and that he could go wherever for now. He got excited and ran out of my room, while I checked my phone. Kacey hadn't read what I sent her- it was kinda a last minute apology, but I don't think she'll ever forgive me for hanging around a monster.

What kind of friend was she if she couldn't get over that?

I pushed that thought out of my mind and went back to the kitchen, pouring myself a cup of tea.

When are we going to the lake? I can't wait this long!

Phantom barked excitedly. I watched as he walked into the living room and sniffed the couch, and then vanished to another part of the house in a poof of darkness. I sighed and placed my half empty mug next to the sink, and called him over. He was there in a flash, scaring me half to death. He laughed in an alien-like way when he saw that he made me jump through the roof. It was kind of adorable.

          "Come on, Phantom, but be careful, we'll have to got out the back, luckily the forest is just out there." I said, and started walking around the kitchen to the back door. As I stepped out, I looked around to see if anyone was nearby, I saw no one, but I was still nervous, what if someone was spying on me? They would definitely see me with a twelve foot long monster by my side. "Yeah, umm, Phantom! Do you think you could just teleport into the forest? I don't- I mean, what if somebody saw us?" I laughed nervously.

He looked forward and eyed the forest, and then looked side to side to see if anybody was near.

Yeah, I think I could, I don't know who would see us, but you have a point.

He then turned back inside the house, and I started walking towards the forest. As I came upon it, I realized how tall the trees were, and how they twisted and turned up into the sky, an of all different looks and colors, some a pale green-blue, and others a crimson red, but most were brown, as any other tree. There were red leaves, orange leaves, green leaves, and bugs crawled everywhere, some illuminating darker areas. You could hear owls and birds and other alien-creatures from every direction.

Oh- did I mention this modern word not only has monsters, but all kinds of other creatures? Dragon, griffons, unicorns, pegasi, and something else we call an Ostobird. It looks like a wolf, mixed with a bird, but.... not. It's also super dangerous, and is said to be someone's monster, but whoever's it was, they locked it up, and no one knows where it was kept. Some say it's still alive, just waiting to be awoken, because if it was awake, the world would already be in chaos, the thing is extremely dangerous, and I'm not sure anything could stop it if it got loose. I'm not sure, but it was said to be the only one of it's kind, and is probably now dead, but I really don't know.