The Perfect Plan

"Alright, you all know what you need to do?" I asked. We were all huddled outside the building in an alley- it was dark, at least dark enough for them all to not be seen. We all knew it was dangerous- but luckily, monsters were incredibly caring and loyal creatures.

          I have to write all of this down someday- this is history!

          All monsters nodded in agreement, and Rimo flipped his scales over, becoming invisible- even his one-pronged front legs. I knew where he was going, we all did. I handed the baryxel to Asher carefully, and made my way towards the door.

          I pounded my fist on the door- after a while, it opened. I was surprised it did- but now whoever opened it knew I was inside. The same white walls surrounded me as I stepped inside, and a nauseous feeling hit me like a truck, but I kept going. I tried my best to be sneaky in the beginning, making note of where each camera was and if it had enough range to see me. Eventually I got down to the 'Experiments' door, and turned to the room on the left of it. The metal post was still there, but Phantom wasn't. I had to make my way around this maze just to find him.

          I kept walked down the white hallways, stepping silently, I fidgeted my fingers with anxiety. What if Aston knew about our plan? What if I messed everything up and got all the monsters captured?

          No, no Ali, you're overreacting. This plan has to work.

          As I walked down the hallway I heard a noise. It was a series of clicking, a noise no human could make- but it was just the sound I was waiting for. A sound with no visible direction of where it might have came from.

          Perfect

          I then picked up my pace and took a deep breath. This had to work. For all I knew, everyone was where we had planned to be.

          As I walked down the corridors, looking in every room, I came across one in which the door was closed. It was locked, and you'd definitely need a card to scan for it to open. But I was prepared- of course we had thought of this.

          I heard the same clicking noise nearby and reached my hand out, and eventually, an ID card was placed gently in my hand. I smiled and turned back to the door, showing the card to the door, and waited as it opened. Once it did, i couldn't see anything. It was pitch black inside- even the light from outside couldn't penetrate this darkness... this abnormal darkness.

          I stepped inside, and closed the door. The rom became a little lighter as I stepped around, there seemed to be nothing in the room except- cages.

          Cages stacked upon cages, all of them unlocked and open- it was a very large room, one that seemed to go on forever, but I eventually reached the end and a mix of sadness, anger, and relief crossed over me. I looked around the room- there was a single window in the corner, covered by a shutter. I pulled it up and opened the window. The cool air hit my face and I looked around in the darkness. I then called out into the darkness, and Asher walked up to the window. "Don't come inside yet- wait here." I whispered.

          I turned back around, pulling the shutters down. I turned back to the end of the room- the darkest part. I made my way over cautiously, and my heart shattered to a million pieces when I saw it.

          There he was. Phantom had been crammed into a cage that would be able to hold something my size. He looked as if he had been overworked, hurt, and beat even. Tears streamed down my face as I struggled to stay silent. Phantom was seemingly sleeping, he had cuts all over him- whether they had scarred, or were still healing- a few even looked recent.