The Meeting

HIIIIII. So the moment we've all been waiting for. I'm not going to lie I tried to put it off a little longer so that I could explain certain things you don't know yet but Sean wouldn't let me. Now this chapter is specifically for one commenter. I almost felt bad about torturing them in the comments last chapter. Almost. Enjoy! Loves!!

Sean

Finally Owen's migraine seems to be receding and I feel like I can breathe again. Seeing him in pain is... difficult. I don't like any of my family to be hurt but Owen, well let's just say it's definitely not a brotherly affection I hold for him. His pain is much stronger to me than the boys.

Owen and I aren't together. We've fucked before but we aren't a couple. I love him though I just can't ask that of him. I can't be with him when I'm always thinking of my Pookie. It doesn't matter that I probably won't ever see her again or that I haven't seen her since I was ten. Even a decade later she still holds most of my heart captive. Owen just holds the rest.

It wouldn't matter if he had my whole heart anyway because I know I don't have his. I know he's attracted to me, note previous coital sessions, but it doesn't go farther for him. He's been a large part of my life for eight years now and I've never seen him in a relationship. I've never even seen him bring someone home. He's a bit too serious sometimes and that doesn't really help him in the flirting department.

The boys are coming over for a meeting after school with the bird as long as Owen is still doing okay so I keep checking on him every half hour. It's probably annoying the fuck out of him but I'd rather him be annoyed now than sick later. When it's time for school to get out I go check on Owen one last time.

He's pulled back on a suit and is gently fixing his hair. Slipping into the room I give him some regular ibuprofen to help keep anything at bay. After making sure he takes the medicine I go wait outside for the boys.

North gets here first with Luke and Silas riding with him. The minute they exit the car I start talking. "If you yell at all, even once, during this meeting I will personally kick your ass. I don't think Owen should be doing anything today but as long as everyone keeps relatively quiet it should be okay. Am I understood?" North gives a short nod and Luke has an insane grin on his face.

"Doc just wait until you see this bird. I'm telling you even Mr. B won't have a headache anymore." I want to lecture him on how migraines work and how there isn't an off switch just because a pretty face is present but I resist. Barely. I'm a little curious as to this bird after what she said to Kota about her plan during the meeting. Birds got balls.

I give the same lecture to Gabe when he shows up with Victor before we head inside. Apparently the bird is following Kota and Nathan in her car and they should be here shortly. When we get inside I make sure to close the door softly because I know Owen will be in the living room already.

It's only about ten more minutes before the last people enter the apartment. A soft feminine voice can be heard conversing with the boys as they enter. When I see her though I think I stop breathing. It can't be. Can it? Am I dreaming?

I pinch myself harshly in the arm before standing. They still haven't made it all the way in the room yet but I'm sure that's her. "Pookie? Is-is that really-" I can feel the hot tears rolling down my face as she turns to look at me fully. The eyes. The eyes that have haunted me ever since my childhood stare back at me but something is different.

There's a wall up. She's wearing a mask and it shows in her eyes. When I go to step towards the girl holding my heart she steps back. I feel a piece of my heart turn to dust. Why is she stepping away from me? "Sean?" Her voice is a mournful melody to my ears. A glass of water in a desert. A bite of food to the starving. How I've missed her so.

I go to step forward again but stop when her eyes flare to life. They finally show an emotion, just not the one I want. Pure rage flashes across her face as she storms toward me. "You're okay?" When I nod I'm still distracted by the pain and anger in her eyes so I don't see her hand. I don't see it until she's slapping me across the face.

My cheek is red hot and I stumble backwards. She clutches a chain around her neck and chokes out a sentence that sends me to my knees. "You left me. You didn't tell me you were leaving! You didn't tell me anything. All I knew was that you were gone! My only friend! The only person I trusted! Why didn't you tell me?" Her voice never raises beyond normal speaking but her eyes are filled with tears and I know I messed up.

She's right. I didn't tell her. I didn't say goodbye. Phil took me in after hearing my mother rant at me about my grades in the hospital. Phil placed me in a 'boarding school' the next day. I asked about her though. I tried to get Phil to help her but he said he couldn't find her. That that couldn't have been her name.

The tears are pouring down my face in hot, wet streams when I hear a sound behind us. "Fairy? Sang? How-how?" Owens' voice is strained and I know he's trying to hold himself together. I watch as the anger drains from her eyes as pain fills them. Her eyes well once more with tears that don't fall.

"O-Owen? But that doesn't-I don't how?" Finally a tear slips free from her eyes and I watch as the man I love wraps his arms around the girl with my heart. Suddenly a few things make sense. The ring around his neck and never bringing anyone home. It all makes sense. She stole his heart too. But when?

Owen

I can't believe what I'm seeing. Why is she slapping Sean? How is she here? Why didn't anyone tell me? Am I dreaming? Sang is here. My Fairy, the most amazing girl I've ever met is standing in my living room smacking my well, I guess I don't really know what. Best friend just doesn't fit anymore not after- not the point.

"Fairy? Sang? How-how?" I'm fighting the tears that want to fill my eyes and I know everyone can hear it in my voice but I don't care. She's here, standing in front of me. The fury that was in her eyes fades as pain rushes in. I start forward as she speaks.

""O-Owen? But that doesn't-I don't how?" A tear slips down her face and I finally wrap my arms around her. Pulling her small frame into me I feel like I can breathe for the first time in years. She's here. She's safe. Where was she?

I pull back when I feel a few tears slip down my own face. "Where did you go? You were just gone. Where did you go without me?" I feel her shoulders shake as more tears fall from her eyes. I see Sean out of the corner of my eye rise from his spot on the floor. I don't know the history there but I have a feeling I'm about to.

"I had to. You knew that, you knew that I'd she ever showed but I'd have to leave. I told you goodbye." Anger flashes across her face as she cuts a glare behind me. "I warned you I was leaving unlike SOME people. I told those I cared about." Her hand drifts toward her necklace. The same one she always wore and something clicks.

I step away from Sang and look between her and Sean. I glance to his wrist where the leather cuff sits and then back at her necklace. Of course. It was him who she was friends with and it was her that he was sad about leaving behind. I grab Sang's hand in my own and meet her eyes. "It wasn't his choice Fairy. He looked for you for years. I didn't know it was you..." I shake my head slightly to clear it. "I didn't know it was you but I promise he didn't leave you on purpose."

Pain fills her eyes to the brim and I want nothing more than to replace that pain with happiness. She glances over my shoulder as I feel a hand rest on my back. I step aside and drop her hand so that Sean can talk to her. The boys have already abandoned the room. Smart.

I move to follow them when a tiny, soft hand snaps out and grabs my wrist. I take that as a sign that I'm being asked to stay. "Pookie, Sang, please understand. I didn't want to leave but I had to. I tried to get Phil to bring you in as well but he couldn't find you. Said that there was no record of you. I've never stopped thinking about you. How could I?" A watery smile slips onto her face but quickly fades.

"Phil? As in Phil Roberts?" Oh shit. He's the one who brought her into the Academy. Well, I guess technically I did but he was her mentor and supervisor. Something flashes in Sean's eyes as he nods. It's gone too quickly for me to understand but I don't think it was good. "That bastard!" With a pained look on her face she storms outside Sean and I right behind her.