Past Meets Present

I am bitter! I have been searching for a description of Kevin and CAN NOT FIND ONE! I truly apologize if I changed something that shouldn't be changed but this is what my memory was coming up with even though I couldn't find evidence ANYWHERE! I hope you enjoy this. Loves!!

Sang

"Ghost?"

"Creeper?"

The tall blonde guy with cerulean blue eyes stares at me in shock. Same dude, same. I quickly stand and make my way over to him. Something looks off. I grip his chin in my hand and force him to look me in the eyes. There it is. The dark circles, the pain. That wasn't there a year ago. I release him when the tattooed behemoth growls from behind him.

"What happened?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, why aren't you sleeping and why are you hurting?"

Behemoth steps in and wraps an arm around Creeper tightly. "None of your beefwax." Creeper mumbles 'beeswax' into his ear with a small grin. I'm glad the oaf is happy. Creeper is probably one of, if not the, happiest people on Earth. I step back slightly and take in the appearance of Behemoth here. Tattoos everywhere, piercings through his lip, eyebrow and ear. Ruffled brown hair and deep, dark brown eyes. Shockily, I'm not surprised. Creeper here can tame scariest people.

With a nod I head back over to the group. Maybe this will all make sense then. Taking a seat next to Sean and Owen I look around. Marc, Behemoth, Creeper and another guy are sitting together. I assume this is Marc's team. Sean is looking between Creeper and I with a curious look on his face and Owen looks stone faced. Most of the guys look a little shocked actually.

Marc is the one to speak first. "I'm glad you guys are willing to help us. We've been wearing ourselves a little thin without two members of our team. On top of trying to do the same amount of work we're all worried and might be missing important factors. Before we go into that though I think we would benefit from knowing your position and you ours."

Owen takes the lead here. He leans forward slightly and looks Marc in the eye while speaking. "We can't share everything as we don't know everything ourselves yet but if you're willing to be transparent with us we can return the favor." I lay a hand on his bicep lightly until Owen relaxes slightly.

"There are certain things I can not share with you or anyone for that matter as they are of a sensitive nature. My uses to the Academy are vast and as such I've dealt with many missions no one can know about." When Sean looks at me with a small amount of fear in his eyes I shake my head. "Not even you guys. No one." A flicker of pain crosses his face at my words and I feel awful.

Nameless over there steps forward and begins speaking. His voice is rich and deep. It matches him really. With a dark glimmering skin tone that matches that of a forest floor after a heavy rain I'm slightly relaxed. His deep brown eyes hold a certain weariness that I'm very familiar with. "Brandon was severely injured during a reconoce mission in a Greek gang. We were told by the Academy that there was a shift change at a specific time and that we would not know anyone there. They lied."

Creeper shrinks into Behemoth's side as Nameless keeps talking. "The second in command of this branch of the gang is actually someone we've had direct contact with many times. He spotted Brandon and... well it was bad. Brandon is in the hospital and we don't know when he'll be able to leave. At first we thought it was an honest mistake but Corey started digging anyway. It's bad guys. This corruption runs deep." So that's his name.

I take over when Nameless steps back. "First I want to say I'm very sorry about your brother. Second, Ha! Now I know your name Creeper!" He rolls his eyes at that but seems to relax slightly. Mission accomplished! I turn and scan everyone's face. "Before I tell you what I know can I please get people's names?"

Sean lets out a small laugh. "Sorry Pookie. You obviously know Marc and Corey. The tattooed mass of muscle there is Raven and then that just leaves Kevin. Brandon is Corey's twin. I do have a question, where's Axel?" The four across on the other team still. Marc's face goes dark and Raven looks ready to murder. "You know what, forget I asked."

With a cautious look around I change the topic back to the original. "Anyway! I go by Ghost among many other names. You've probably heard of a few of them. I was brought into the Academy by Owen here and soon after was separated. Before I met Owen I was best friends with Sean until he disappeared. Turns out the Academy recruited him. Apparently the Academy was the reason I was kept apart from them for so long. They knew that if I had a family that cared about me I wouldn't have taken some of the more... involved missions that I did."

Raven suddenly jumps up. "Anastasia Craven!" I cringe outwardly at that name. I haven't heard it in a few years. It holds nothing but bad memories. Slowly turning to look at him I find an understanding looking back. "You are her no?" I am. I don't want to be but I am.

"Yes."

"Thank you." What?

My face must be obvious because he starts to laugh deeply. "You saved my life. Because of you Sunshine was able to sneak in and break me out. Thank you." My face flames brightly. I never wanted to be thanked for her. I never want to even remember my time as her. It was a very dark time.

"Don't mention it." A deep understanding flows between us as everyone else looks on in confusion. Everyone except Corey. He knows. He must be 'Sunshine' to Raven. With a small nod his way I walk out the door. I need a moment to push her memories away. I am not her. I do not hurt people. I am not her!