Sleep

I know not a lot happens here but they need a sweet moment. Let me know what you think. Loves!!

Sang

I'm sitting back at Owen and Sean's apartment with their team thinking over what happened this afternoon when a mass of blonde hair comes flying at me. Without even thinking I flip them and have my knife out positioned to strike. "Surrender! I surrender!" A deep voice comes from under me where my knife is placed. SHIT!

I quickly scramble off of Luke and take in the room's reactions. Sean looks a little shocked, Owen worried and everyone else slightly afraid. My face heats rapidly while I help Luke to his feet. "Oops?" After a few seconds of staring at me Luke and Gabriel burst into laughter. It doesn't take long for me to join in either which sets off everyone except North, Kota and Owen. Finally collecting myself I look Luke up and down. "Sorry about that but you don't look injured. You good?"

"Oh Cupcake I'm golden! I've heard stories about your ninja skills but I guess I wanted to test them. It would have been my own fault if I got hurt." North bristles at his words and I swear he growls slightly. Silas must notice what I do because he grasps North's arm and starts dragging him outside. This causes Gabriel to chuckle again.

"You're going to be trouble, missy."

"Now I don't possibly know what you mean."

"Mhmm. I've got my eye on you."

I giggle lightly at his statement. Everyone goes back to what they were doing prior to the fake attack when something dawns on me. I've been smiling and I've laughed. Unforced smiles and laughs. I know I almost did so or just barely did earlier but this is full. My eyes sting slightly with tears. I forgot how good it felt.

Sean catches my eye and nods his head with a wane smile. I quickly stand and we make our way out of the main room. He pulls me into a bedroom before closing the door behind him. "Hi Pookie." His green eyes are slightly shadowed and his hair is a mess. Sean's blonde curls are normally a little messy but not this bad. Everything from the last few days must be getting to him.

"Hi Dr. Sean."

"You know I never thought I'd see you again."

"I thought the same."

"I've never been so incredibly happy to be wrong."

My arms wrap around him as he embraces me. We both squeeze just a little too tight but neither of us move to let go. "I'm so sorry Pookie. I'm so so sorry I left you." A few wet splashes fall onto my neck where Sean's face is pressed. My hair is falling around his face but he doesn't seem to care. He also doesn't seem to care how far he has to bend to reach there. My head doesn't even reach his chin!

Finally I release him when my fingers start to go a little numb. "I'm not mad. I wasn't ever mad really. You were there one day discussing our upcoming test and the next gone. Poof. When I saw you here... I was shocked. I was half convinced you were dead. I'm so glad you weren't." Sean wraps his arms around me again much looser this time.

I place my chin on his chest and look up. "You know. You'd think after all of this time the height difference might be a bit less but nooooo. I think there's even more now!" He lets out a bark of a laugh. The vibrations shake my head and tickle just a little. This sets me off giggling again.

Sean's grass green eyes blaze brightly as they connect with my own, similarly colored, eyes. "Don't start that now Pookie. I'll make good on that giggle cure threat now. Can't have an outbreak occurring on my watch." Stifling my laughter I watch him closely. The shadows in his eyes flit along in the background. Not heavy but still present.

"I wasn't aware that giggles were a medical problem."

"Oh yes! Very serious. One with a case of the giggles can't function normally nor can those around them. Plus they're very contagious."

"Is that so?"

"Of course! I'm a doctor, we know these things."

"I was unaware. Are you sure? You are awfully young."

"I have the white coat and everything!" A wide smile breaks out across his face.

"Can I tell you a secret Doctor?" Sean's grin widens slightly more as he nods his head. "So am I." Shock colors his eyes as he looks down at me. Streams of questions fly across his face. He can't seem to settle on any one in particular. "You see, a friend of mine was going to be a doctor and we lost touch. I decided to follow in his footsteps so to speak."

"Pookie, Sang, you-you did?" I nod my head and feel a soft smile fall into place. "But, you never really wanted to be a doctor. You said you didn't want to be stuck in one place because of work." I nod my head slowly as memories flicker through my head. Not today.

"You're right. I didn't want to be tied to one place only but I'm not. To be honest I don't even practice much. Whatever city I'm in at the time knows to call me if needed but I work quite a few missions. I move a lot." His hold on me tightens minimally as his eyes scan my own. With a large breath he places his chin on my head.

"Do you like that? Moving around so much I mean."

I contemplate his question for a moment. "Yes and no. I like to see new things and places. I love helping people but it gets tiring. The missions I'm on aren't usually of a pleasant nature and I have to leave as soon as the mission is done. Not much time for anything else." I take a deep breath of his scent. Ginger and citrus. Warm, welcoming, comfortable.

"So I take it you don't have a team."

"No, I don't have a team or a family. That would be counterproductive to what the council was trying to do by separating me from Owen and by consequence you." Sean stiffens slightly. His hands clenching before he releases everything. The weight of his body drooping partly on me. "When was the last time you slept?"

"I napped yesterday."

"Sean. You need to sleep."

"I know, I know."

"Go." His eyes flash with fear. "I promise I'll be here when you wake up. And if I'm not then I'll leave a note." A trickle of that fear still rests in his eyes as he finally releases me. He walks over to his dresser and pulls out a pair of sleep pants. Moving to the door I lock eyes with Sean once more. "Neither of us is disappearing again."

"Goodnight Pookie."

"Goodnight Dr. Sean." With a smile that warms my soul I close the door so he can sleep.