I Can Do This

Hey! I'm so so sorry for my absence. Finals and life got to me. I'm back though and I hope this chapter is okay. Loves!!

Sang

Leaving the vice principals office I try to keep my calm and collected façade in place but seeing Owen stand there doesn't really help. The conversation in that office was intense and more than slightly concerning. My whole job here is to weed out the creeps and catch them. We thought the administration was involved but now I know. McCoy might not be the ring leader but he's most definitely involved.

His words spiral through my head at a million miles a second as I try to process everything. To do this job correctly I'm going to have to distance myself from the guys. I thought that provoking the administration would help me get an in and it did, but. But I'm not sure I can risk them. I just got Sean and Owen back. I can't let them get hurt because of my mission. I don't trust the Academy right now and I'm not sure I was given all of the available information. If I wasn't then I know my boys weren't either.

Making my way to class I keep a low profile and work through everything. Some of what I now know isn't because of what McCoy said but it was because of what he didn't. Slipping into my seat I race through a few possible scenarios. Option one: The administration is being used by someone else. Option two: The administration is using others. Or the most likely Option three: Both are occurring.

This school is a mess and I'm convinced that the problems don't stop inside these walls. We would like to get to know you better. New students are always welcome. Please come by anytime, for any reason. The smile on his face as his beady eyes took me in made my skin crawl. This isn't my first time with perverts but normally I don't have anyone else to worry about. I have to make sure that there is a large separation between myself and everyone else. These people only ever crave control.

I'm startled slightly when the bell rings signaling the end of class. I didn't even realize I was in my classroom yet. Taking a deep breath I make my way down the hall to my next class and try to pay more attention. One girl that I haven't seen before takes the seat right beside me in class. Her piercing grey eyes peek out from behind her raven locks every so often. Watching her out of the corner of my eye I notice when she quickly scribbles a note down and drops it on my desk.

Be careful. They're always watching. Don't trust them with anything.

Stuffing the note into my pocket I glance over to her and focus my entire attention on the girl. She's bigger than I am by quite a bit but that isn't difficult given my height. I'd say she was 5'8" give or take a few inches. Her chest was large and you can see that she tries to hide this behind a shapeless pullover hoodie. The curve of a tattoo curves up the side of her neck. A black heart shaped stud rests in her nose and matches the single black ring on her right pointer finger.

As soon as class is over I try to stop the girl only for her to cut me a glare that could slice through my soul. Stopping dead in my tracks I watch her flash down the hall. Pushing her to the back of my mind I quickly make my way outside to my car. Creeping behind all of the other cars attempting to escape for the day I tap impatiently on the wheel. The minute that I get home I want to look into this girl. Something just doesn't feel right. I think she wanted to help me but I can't tell.

Just as I make it onto the interstate my phone rings. Glancing down quickly I note Phil's name flashing on my screen. I don't want to answer but it could be important. With a reluctant sigh I hit the button on my steering wheel to answer the call. Not making a sound I let him speak first. I'm already in a bad mood because of the events of today and I doubt this will improve my mood.

*Call*

Phil: Ghost? Look I know you're mad at me right now and you have every reason to be but I have information about your current mission that changes everything.

Sang: Is this sensitive or can you tell me now?

Phil: I would prefer if you heard this in person but I understand if you don't want to see me.

Sang: Cut the bullshit Phil. Do I need to be at the hospital to hear this or not?

Phil: No.

Sang: The proceed.

Phil: I just received word that the assaults you've been sent in about are worse than we thought. Two of the victims were picked up last night for prostitution. Both had a mark on their necks of an unraveling ball of yarn. They won't talk but it doesn't appear that this was a choice.

Sang: Thank you. If you hear anything else let me know.

*End Call*

This just got a bit more complicated. If the assault victims are being pulled into a ring then I know there has to be more players on the board than I can see. Keeping all nine of the boys safe has to be my first order of business. I need Owen and Sean safe, they need the other seven safe so therefore, I need the other seven safe. Pulling into my drive I glance down to my necklace and let out one shuddering breath. I can do this.

After getting inside I reactivate my security systems and make my way to the computer. Booting up my server I run over all of the details in my head again I have of the girl. If only I knew why she was there today I might understand. She hadn't sat near me before. Was it only to give me that note? If so, why didn't she tell me anything else? Who was the "they" in reference? Was it the school or someone else?

My thoughts come to a quick halt when my house phone rings. It's set up so that everything appears normal. The elders didn't want to listen when I said no one uses landlines anymore so I have one in place. I haven't given the number to anyone though so I'm not sure who would be calling. Noting the number I answer calmly.

*Call*

Unknown: Stay away from them. Do not approach them and do not react to them. Live your life far away from them.

*End Call*

Before I have the chance to respond or react in any way they hang up. The voice sounded oddly mechanical and eerie. I don't know what to do right now. I can't call the Academy and I'm not advanced enough to try and trace the phone number. I wanted to keep everyone out of this mission but I don't think I can. No matter what I want I need help. Gripping my charms I sit down and let out a single small scream leave me. The energy inside is calming slightly so I start going over my options. I can do this.