1. The Voice

It's just a normal day at work, I've been serving customers all morning and just waiting till my shift is over.

"Hi, how can I help you?" I say for the thousandth time today, to a seemingly normal customer.

"Can I just get a hot chocolate?" I think I recognize that voice, then it hits me.

"Dree-"

"Shhhh" He glares at me.

"Right Right, anything else I can get you sir?" I eye him suspiciously, taking in the massive height, dirty blond hair, green eyes and freckles that perfectly match the description of the man I've been obsessing over the past couple of months.

He answers "No that'll be it."

"Name of the order?"

"Clay" He sighs realizing I know.

I quickly make his drink, thankful it's an easy one to make for once. "Order for Clay!" I yell when you finish making it.

He takes his drink and as he does he slips a piece of paper into my hand, I peak at it. It's a phone number.I look up to ask him what that's for but he's already halfway to the door and the line keeps growing. What the hell just happened I think to myself. I shake it off and slip the note into my pocket before getting back to work. The rest of the shift goes smoothly, surprisingly.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Later when I get home I change my clothes and the little paper falls out and flutters to the floor. "Oh yeeah" I think out loud. I grab it and stare for a few moments before working up the confidence to text "Hello? Is this Clay? This is Starbucks girl btw." A few minutes later I see the ... animation on messages and my heart starts to beat faster, what on earth could he possibly want.

"Y/n right? I read your nametag. I really hope I wasn't too rude or anything.. but you know who I am don't you?" He types.

"Yeah. I recognized your voice, Dream" I respond.

"You won't tell anyone will you?!??!?!"

"Hmmmm" I say.

"Please! You cant! I'll take you to a fancy restaurant or something!" He panics.

"Omg, I was just kidding, I would never expose you" I press send while laughing. "Trying to bribe me huh?" I also send.

"Oh....well thank you. And yeah, I'm just not ready for that yet" Dream says.

"I understand :)" I sympathize with him a little bit understanding that he might lack confidence like I have before.

"Could I maybe still take you to that restaurant?" He asks.

I drop my phone in shock. "Shit, that better be okay" I pick it up, thankfully it's not broken. I respond with "???" after recovering.

"Nevermind, sorry" He sends.

"No no, I would love to go I was just surprised" I answer.

"Great, does tomorrow at 7 work?" Dream asks.

"Sure, see you then" I send with a huge smile. I jump up and start dancing and squealing.

"Whats all this about?" Abby, my roommate, pokes her head around the door frame.

"I think I have a date!"

"Wait really?!" Abby plops down on my bed. "With who?"

I sit criss-cross and face Abby "You know that Minecraft streamer, Dream, that I showed you?"

"Yeeaah?"

"It's with him"