Chapter Three: Training

He was tangled. Tangled up in his own strings. He was in a room, most like a questioning room. Then someone came in and saw him tangled. They giggled a little. He couldn't see their face, only could her the sound. They look so familiar. Then he started falling.

-=Error's POV=-

"Error wake up!! Come on!!" A familiar voice called. I woke up surprised, confused by the dream. It was kinda like the other dream, with the same person. Who was that guy? Nightmare? Killer? Dust? I had no clue, only got up and realized that I had slept in my clothes again. Just great.

"ERROR!!!!" Killer yelled all the way from downstairs. Oh, I had forgotten about training.
"CoMiNg!" I responded. It felt as if I was late, then checked the time. 10 minutes late. Fantastic.

I pulled myself out of bed, and went downstairs. Sure enough, Killer was there looking disappointed.
"You're late," He said, looking me out and down like a parent.
"YeAh, yEaH. LeTs jUst Go," I said and we both headed out the door.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Time passes, and we're still going to the training area.
"HoW MuCh LoNgeR?" I asked, getting tired of the forever walking.
"Almost there! The boss doesn't like us training too close to the base, because Horror and Dust broke a hole in the roof once," Killer said and laughed at the memory.
"Boss was so mad!" He giggled again. When we eventually got there, I realized something.
"WaIt a SeConD...cOulDn'T wE hAvE jUst uSEd a ShORtcUt?" I asked, looking Killer in his non-existent eyes.
"Uh...maybe?" Killer smiles and then gave a nervous laugh.
"UgH, lEts jUst StaRt..." I said and got into a fighting position. Killer copied my move. We were ready.

-=Killer's POV=-
We had started fighting, or training per say, and Error was pretty strong. At least better than the average newbie.

Though I noticed something as we were fighting. Error kept his distance from me. I know it's a smart move but...he didn't seem to like me being so close. It was hard for me to strike him while he was doing this technique, and that's what made me frustrated. I obviously tried bone attacks and Gaster blasters, but he avoided those easily. Did he get proper training before? I decided to ask him.

"Hey Error, did you get proper training before this? I mean, before the gang." I asked, little out of breathe.
"Uh...kInD oF?" Error replied, tossing another bone at me. I dodged.
"Okay, I think that's enough training for today anyway. I'm done." I said and huffed.
"OkAy," Was all Error said. He was pretty gosh darn strong, I wondered if he fought Nightmare and won. 'Probably not, Nightmare wouldn't let Error beat him so easily' I thought to myself.
"Let's head back," I said and Error started following me.

He stopped in the middle of walking.
"CaN We ShOrtCuT thIs tIme?" Error asked.
"Oh right! Give me your hand," I said, holding my hand out. He hesitated for a long while before saying;
"I'll jUst tElepOrt bY mySelF." I was a little confused, but let him do what he wants. I teleported right in front of the door. Instead of seeing Error pop up from behind me, he came out of a portal.
"Is that how you get around?" I asked him.
"PrEferAbly, yEs." He said and opened the door and headed inside.

-=Nightmare's POV=-
I saw Error come back from training, with Killer behind him. Its like I knew Error would head up to his room, because I immediately went to Killer to ask about how it went.
"So, how'd it go?" I asked.
"He's strong, I didn't expect that. But I could tell he was holding back, since he didn't go all out on me like he did on Horror. I think he did that cause he was angry that Horror threw his axe at him." Killer said a giggled.
"So he didn't hurt you?" I asked, the smallest bit of concern escaping my month. Killer noticed.

"Aw, you care about me!" He said and laughed. I blushed in embarrassment.
"No I don't! You're just...apart of my team and I don't want a stupid newbie to be the death of you," I said, not letting concern slip into my voice again. Killer didn't believe me, I could tell. I've been with him long enough to tell.
"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Still having that meeting tomorrow?" Killer asked, changing the topic. I was grateful.
"Same as always. We're going to discuss what AU to ruin next. Then we can see how Error works." I said, curious on how Error could help them.
"Okay then, see ya Boss!" Killer said and disappeared.

-=Error's POV=-
Although I didn't show it, fighting with Killer really tired me out. That guy had some mad skills that I could barely handle. He looked confused when I didn't take his hand. I guess I would be, too.

Instead of going to the Anti-Void, I reached in with my strings and just grabbed my supplies for my puppets. Or dolls, whatever. I had begun to make Killer, my new friend? I cringed at that word, 'friends.' When was the last time I had one of those? I can't remember.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I finished the Killer doll. I looked over my work, but something was missing. I had gotten his clothes and eyes right, what was I missing? Just then, someone knocked on my door. I quickly hid the art stuff under my bed and hid the Killer doll under my blankets.
"ComE iN." I said, little shaken by the sudden knock. I was even more surprised when Killer walked in.
"Hey buddy, it's just me," He said. I realized that he called me 'buddy.' Weird.
"HeY KilLeR," I said and shuffled on my bed, inviting him to sit down. He did, sitting with his legs crossed.

"You're a pretty cool skeleton, you know. I haven't met anyone with magic like that!" He said. I was shocked by the sudden compliment. No one has said THAT to ME before. I blinked a few times, absorbing his words.
"T-ThAnKs I GuesS...yOu'rE pReTty cOol tOo. I DiDn'T adMit iT, bUt I wAs tiRed by The eNd of tRainIng." I said, avoiding Killer's non-existent eyes.
"Wow really?! I've always lost to people in the group cause I didn't think I had a good strategy, but I'm glad it works on you!" He laughed and moved his legs a little.

He then stopped, confusion filled his face as he felt something near his leg. He then pulled back the blanket and I freaked out, knowing that's where I put the Killer doll.
"What's this?" He said out loud and picked up his miniature version. I looked away, embarrassed.
"Did...you make this?" He asked and I noticed a smile slowly crept up on his face.
"Uh...yEaH..." I said, glancing back at him.
"It looks so cute! But it's missing something. Can you guess?" Then he put the doll beside his face, and I realized what he was talking about. I had forgotten Killer's tears. How could I forget such a thing?
"I kNew I WaS fOrgEttinG sOmeThinG," I said and took the doll back.

I reached under my bed for my art supplies, leaving Killer surprised by the stuff. I then searched for the right tool and very gently added the tears onto the doll. As I was focusing, I had completely forgotten that Killer was there and started humming a tune.

-=Killer's POV=-
I watched Error make the tears to my doll. When he was halfway done, he started humming a tune. I recognized the tune, but forgot from where. The tune wasn't glitched at all, it was perfect. And Error looked so peaceful and happy making it. He seemed to forget about me, so I just watched in silence. It didn't take him long to finish. Error looked up, a little startled by me. I knew he forgot I was here.

He handed me the doll.
"TaKe iT," He said. "It'S a gIft fOr traIninG wiTh mE." I took the doll and looked at it, taking my hand and tracing the button eyes with my fingers. It was so well-made. I could see the love put into it.
"Wow thanks! I don't say that often, trust me," I said and laughed.
"WhY'd You CoMe IntO mY rOoM anYwAy?" He asked me. I hesitated in my response. I don't really know why, it was just a feeling I guess. Sure, I wanted to talk to him about training but that didn't feel like the full reason.
"I...don't know, actually. Just a feeling," I said and got up.

"I think I'm going to go now, got some things to do." I said, wanting to hang out with my mini gang called The Murder Time Trio, as we called ourselves.
"OkAy, sEe yoU." He said and went back to his art supplies. As I left, I saw him starting to work on another doll. I didn't recognize the clothes he was giving them, but meh. I don't know every single person in the multiverse. I closed his door and teleported to our meeting spot.
—————————————————
Wow long chapter! Thanks for reading!

Words: 1556