Chapter Four: Fears

Someone was talking to him. He couldn't hear them. They looked friendly, sparking like stars. They were crying, looking at him. He could see this person's face, blue star eyes and a scarf tied into a bow. That's when he realized that he was in pain. Aching, hurting, deathly pain. It hurt so bad. He looked over to his side and saw the person that was in his two other dreams. Again, he couldn't see their face. He felt myself close his eyes, the friendly one yelling and screaming but he couldn't hear a thing. He let the darkness take him, but heard someone say something at the very end..

"ERROR!"

-=Error's POV=-
I woke up with a start, gasping for air. I looked around. I was in my room. I got out of bed and realized that I had actually put on pjs. I quickly got dressed and thought about my dream.

Who were those people? Why do I keep having dreams like this? I looked on my bedside table, a doll of Fresh was there. I had made him as soon as Killer left my room. I picked him up. Oh how I missed that parasite. I also missed Geno. Why did I miss my brothers so much, now of all times? I never missed them until now. Why'd I make a doll of Fresh? It could be anyone, but Fresh?

I shook my head. 'I don't miss them, I don't miss them, I don't miss them!' I thought to myself.

"Liar!!"

"Of course you miss them, you idiot!"

"Fresh and Geno don't miss you!"

"Your brothers will only make you weak. You don't even let people touch you. How weak!"

The voices in my head screamed. I shut them out, forcing them to the back of my mind. I put strings all over my room, hanging the Fresh doll up with them. 'Might as well make it like home' I thought and reached into the Anti-Void to pulled out two souls and hung them up in here.

"Woah! This is cool!" One soul said, seemingly looking around.
"GlAd yOu lIkE iT, cAuSe yOu'Re sTayinG hEre." I said in the nicest tone I could.
"Yay! It's way better than the Anti-Void, no offence!" The same soul said.

The other soul didn't say a word. 'Maybe they're sleeping. Well, in a way.' I said to myself. Then I heard a aggressive knock on my door. I jumped a little.
"Hey, you coming?" Horror yelled.
"You're late for the meeting and Nightmare's not happy!" Dust said.

What? I checked the list of meeting times. Thursday: 12:45
I checked the time.
12:57
Dang it. I was late. Although I've only been here for three days, I've grown to fear Nightmare, at least a little.

I opened the door, and looked into the eyes of Horror and Dust.
"LeTs jUsT gO," I said and we all headed downstairs. When we arrived, I saw a disappointed Cross and got a sympathetic look from Killer. Nightmare grabbed me by his tentacles, wrapping my arms so I couldn't do anything.

He was...touching me. I tried my best to calm down, although I was already glitching more than usual being late and all.
"Why were you late?" Nightmare said, tightening his tentacles around me. I couldn't get words to form as I was glitching too much. Error signs started blocking my vision. I was crashing.
"$10P...10ucH1NG...m3...pL34$3..." I managed to choke out. Nightmare then dropped me, confused, but dropped me. The pain of crashing threatened to swallow me whole. I only realized I was shaking when I felt a familiar pain in my soul. I was going to crash, whether I liked it or not. I was crying in pain, the crashing got harder to fight and I could barely see anymore.
"Error are you okay?! What's happening to you?!" That was the last thing I heard before I cried out a glitched scream and my vision went dark.

-=Nightmare's POV=-
What did I do to Error? He screamed in agony and seemed so much in pain and was glitching like crazy. Was this my fault? If so, what did I do?

Everyone was in shock.
"Okay, meeting's cancelled," I said, knowing that I couldn't how the meeting until later because my team has other things to do than listen to me talk all day. I realized that error signs were all over his eyes and his entire body was glitching like crazy.
"Let's put him on the couch until we can figure out what's wrong," Killer suggested and went to touch Error.
"Maybe just teleport him there, he freaked out when Nightmare touched him." Dust said. Man, I didn't think Dust could think like that.
"Good idea." Killer said and I saw him glance at his pocket. I wonder why.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-=Error's POV=-
Crashing was always painful. I've only crashed in front of two people before, Geno and Fresh, and they've always known how to take care of me and what to do. I don't know how to get out of my crashed state, so let's hope my new crew can figure it out.

When I crashed, I always had a numb, emotionless feeling until I woke up. I was in a Void, floating around. I could never hear anything around me when crashed, but for some reason I could always hear both of my brothers voices. They would say; "You're okay, it'll be over soon." "You'll be more rad in a moment, broseph!" (I can't do Fresh slang XD) I always somehow smiled when I heard them, but now I can't hear anything.

This was all my fault. If I wasn't late, this wouldn't have happened. If I hadn't made the Fresh doll it wouldn't have happened. Okay, maybe it would have. I growled in frustration at myself. Wait a second...I made a noise. I've never been able to make a noise when I crashed before. I dismissed it, not really caring about noises I made during crashing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I felt myself rebooting. 'Finally' I thought to myself, preparing for the light of the outside world. I heard the familiar windows noise and opened my eye sockets.
"UgH..." Another familiar pain came. A headache. A headache always came after crashing. I noticed I was on the couch, and everyone's head turned when they heard me talk.
"Error, you're awake! Finally!" Killer said and started towards me.
"DoN'T tOucH mE!" I said suspecting what he was going to do and backed up on the couch.
"After what happened with Nightmare, I'm not," Killer said.
"What happened to you? You just started glitching and...I don't really know," Horror said and turned to me. Everyone was awaiting my response.
"I wAs jUst...uH..." I tried thinking of an excuse, but Nightmare gave me a 'ill do it again, try me' look. He could see my pain, of course.
"I cRashEd. I HapPenS wHeN sOmeOne tOucHeS mE...I hAvE HaPHepHobiA..." I said and covered my head in my scarf, worried that they'd kick me off the team or laugh or yell at me. Instead, I felt someone sit beside me. I looked up. It was Cross.

[This next part contains not canon things, so sorry XD]

"Hey, it's okay. We won't touch you again if you don't want us too...I have to admit, I have a fear of blood...well, sorta. That's why I don't fight or go out with the gang." Cross said. I was stunned. Cross, a bad guy, was scared of blood?
"I'm scared of abandonment," Killer said and flashed a smile at me. Killer was scared of something too?
"I'm scared of losing things," Horror said, holding his axe. Does he carry that everywhere?
"I'm scared of commitment," Dust said and shrugged. Dust also?
"I'm...scared of apples and strawberry milk," Nightmare said and blushed in embarrassment, cussing under his breathe for admitting it. Nightmare was scared of the weirdest things yet I didn't laugh. I only smiled.

Everyone was scared of something. Then why weren't they weak and suffering like he was?
"ArEn'T yOu ScAred?" I asked, my voice more shaky then I had originally planned.
"Scared of what?" Cross asked, completely confused.
"ScAreD oF bEiNg wEak, YoUr eNEmIeS fInDinG oUt YoUr wEakNesSeS?" I said and held my knees tight to my chest.

"You told them?! Wow, what a mistake!"

"Loser!"

"They found out your weakness, and you forced them to tell them theirs!"

I flinched from how loud the voices were today. I would usually ignore them, but they were just so loud...
"Hey Error, you good?" Nightmare asked, confused by my sudden movement.
"I-I'M fInE.. jUst A LitTle AwKwarD," I said, trying make my voice seem normal although it was almost impossible for me to concentrate over the voices.
"I...nEeD sOmE tImE AloNe..." I said and instantly teleported to my room. I felt a little lightheaded, I hadn't teleported in a while, just used portals.

I felt a pain in my head and realized why the voices were so loud today. I hadn't destroyed an AU in

Three.

Whole.

Days.
———————————————
Cliffhanger! Haha! Well, at least to the people reading the book in present time. For the future people that don't have to wait for the next part, heya! XD

Words: 1561