Ch. 12 Time to Fight!

Bulat POV

      I stayed off to the side and saw (M/n) continue to interact with others but seemed to lack in social skills. Not completely but not enough to make him a genius with words. The thought in my mind was interrupted by some kind of soothing song.
      I scoff upon the sound looming into my ears, it makes me feel lightheaded but I continue and only stab myself to ignore the song playing before me. I watched everyone else on the boat fall down asleep. I start to feel worried as I see (M/n) struggle to stay awake but manages to keep himself in composure. I smile a little upon seeing this.
      The moment stops as a blonde man in a black suit emerges from the doorway above the ballroom.

???: "I'm surprised that you're still up and about. You got some strong will kid. I can respect that."

(M/n): "Oh I didn't realize that song was supposed to keep me down. Well I'm sorry but if you're gonna stand in the way then I'm gonna have to put you down."

???: "Them's Fighting words kid. You sure you want to fight?"

(M/n): "This seems to be a perfect time to rest my skills."

???: "Alright then don't say I didn't warn ya."

(M/n) POV

      The man pulled out his weapon which looked to be an axe. He split it making it look like two separate blades. I charge at him ready to strike.

???: "Alright now this will give me a ton of experience points!"

      I get taken aback by his words but continued to charge at him as he threw one of the blades at me which scratched at my cheek. The cut managed to get deeper than I thought but I couldn't think much longer as the weapon nearly cut my back.

???: "Alright kid I'll give you credit. You move pretty fast!"

(M/n): "Thanks. You seem to be pretty strong. I can respect that."

      The blonde man just chuckles a little while slapping his knee making me think he thought it was a joke but he fakes me out and throws his blade again causing me to dodge.

Sayo POV

      ......(M/n).......he should stop letting his guard down.

Najenda: "Something wrong?"

Sayo: "No just thinking."

Najenda: "Of what?"

Sayo: "(M/n). I just feel like he's gotten into something he can't get out of."

Najenda: "He's probably fine."

Sayo: "That's what they all say."

Najenda: "Yeah but I mean it."

Sayo: "Don't know if I believe you or not. Because (M/n) is the type to let his guard down so easily."

      Najenda sighs before putting her hand in front of her face. Facepalming in front of me as her sigh seemed more annoyed than anything.

Sayo: "Something wrong boss?"

Najenda: "Yeah maybe just trying to get an annoying person out of my ass."

Sayo: "Well if that's how you feel then I guess I won't tell you about the imperial arms I'm interested in."

Najenda: "Yeah fine whatever....................Wait whoa hold up. What did you say?"

Sayo: "I found an imperial arms I'm interested in."

Najenda: "Show it to me."

(M/n) POV

      The blonde man didn't seem tired in the slightest from this little encounter with me so far as I felt myself breathing heavy from dodging all of his boomerang blades.

???: "Oh poor kid has gotten himself all worked up. It's a shame. Ya seemed pretty tough. Oh well. Gonna have to add another body to a bag some day."

      He tosses his blade again as I barely dodge it but still feel it cut my forearm. I cringe in pain as I charge towards him as he smirks only to get knocked down by a certain big man.

Bulat: "YOU IDIOT!!! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?? HE WAS OBVIOUSLY GOING TO FINISH YOU OFF AND YOU JUST RUN INTO HIM LIKE THAT??? NO WONDER SAYO ALWAYS TALKS ABOUT YOU LETTING YOUR GUARD DOWN!!!"

(M/n): "Well shit. I guess I should know better next time eh?"

Bulat: "You're damn right you are! You better otherwise you'll be dead!"

(M/n): "Thanks for stating the obvious!"

Bulat smacks me in the back of my head for my snarky comment.

(M/n): "Ow!"

???: "Uhhhhh...I'm sorry did you have to intrude upon our fight?"

Bulat: "My apologies but I'm not going to stand on the sidelines any more. I'm ready any time you are!"

Next Chapter- Ch. 13 Burning Passion of Bulat...