chapter three

*EMMAS POV*

Norman and Ray were really close to each other!! Ray must miss norman alot but I don't know how to tell ray that norman and I are dating. We just started, when I entered the office the first thing Norman did was confess his feelings for me. Norman and I have always been close friends I mean, we did everything together. You could even say I started to catch feelings as well but he got shipped--at least that's what I thought. I didn't want to ruin their moment but I was getting jealous so I had too!! "Look bae, ray missed you as much as I missed you." They both broke eye contact with each other and faced me. Ray asked norman, "bae?" Norman looked back at Ray guilty. Why did he look so guilty? did he not want Ray to know about us? Norman replied with the most criminal tone "yea... we just started." he left an awkward smile, for some reason ray looked shocked, maybe because he's not used to his friends dating each other. Ray just looked at both of us and said "I'm happy for you two" and let out a smile but Ray let his hands go of normans and stood up from the ground. He put his hands in his pockets and said that he was going to get some fresh air, norman called out rays name but it was too late. The office door shut behind Ray. I'm really confused on why everyone is looking at me like I did something wrong? Ray isn't sad he's just getting fresh air. Norman chased after ray and that's when everyone told me that ray liked norman. I left out a giggle "Yea, I know. He likes all of us and cares for us so much." Anna replied to me saying "That's not what we mean. Of course Ray cares about us all but we think ray developed feelings for Norman back at the farm... we aren't so sure though." I'm still confused about what they mean but I have to fix this! "Thanks guys, I'll go fix it!!" I left the office door and went downstairs. now all I had to do was find norman and ray, piece of cake!

RAYS POV:

right when I left the office, I ran out of the shelter. I ended up in front of the big tree hiding the house, it was night time. The moon was out and you could see about a million stars up in the sky. i'm such an idiot. i thought norman and I would finally be together but I forgot that norman loves Emma and not me. i just thought he was waiting for me... im so stupid, it was my imagination it wasn't actually norman. I felt my eyes getting watery there's no point in hiding my feelings might as well let them out. that's when tears started to form and uncontrollably left my sight. I was weak, I fell to my knees and tried to catch my tears falling from my face with my hands. I tried wiping them off as much as I could but they couldn't stop. my tears were like a dam but the wall just broke. I felt someone touch my shoulder, I didn't want to look up and expose myself. 

"what do you want." I groaned.

"ray... please just hear me out." it was norman. i know that familiar warm tone of his. ugh, how much I hate his stupid voice but I love it at the same time. I felt at ease but he couldn't know that because I don't want to ruin his relationship with Emma. they deserve each other and even if it means that ill be in pain--ill live with it because I love them both. they both deserve happiness and nothing less.

I hissed at him "no. you and Emma are happy together and nothing I say or do will change that." I felt my voice starting to crack.

I growled at him "look i dont care that you and emma are dating each other. i just want you two to be happy, I won't stand in the way of it. i don't care if i'm in pain. you two deserve each other, really. I'm happy for you ... i just want you to be happy.. even if it's without me." tears fell from my face, even more, i sat in the same position as I was from the start. I kept sniffling and i even started to hiccup. I couldn't hold in my feelings anymore and it hurts that I have to do it in front of him, him from most people. 

with his soft gentle voice, norman answered maintaining "Ray... I knew you missed me but I love Emma and I'll do anything for her. Please just try to understand."

ugh this idiot, all he talks about is Emma. Maybe Hayato meant that Norman was talking about Emma and not me. Whatever, I'm done getting hurt. I want to be alone right now, I stood up from the ground. I placed my hand on normans shoulder

"Yea, I feel you. I'm gonna go take a walk, I'll come back sooner or later"

i took my arm away from his shoulder and shoved it in my pocket then I left. I can't turn back now.