chapter six

*RAYS POV*

it was the first official day staying over at the hideout. it was just like the life back at grace field but without the guarantee that you'll get eaten by demons. I already changed clothing and took a shower. I grabbed my shoes and put them on one by one right but when I was putting them on, I noticed that the envelope that I wrote back at grace field wasn't in my pocket. I would usually take that envelope with me everywhere i go, it was like a good luck charm. I ran into the laundry room to check where my old clothing was and hoping that the envelope was in my old clothes. I saw Emma at the laundry room folding the kid's clothes and I asked her if she had happened to see an envelope in my old clothing. Emma replied to me saying that she noticed it and took it out of my pocket before she went to go soak my clothes. 

"Oh thank god, where is it now?"

"Norman took it from me, he saw that the envelope was covered in blood and said that he'll replace the envelope."

this idiot. I snapped at her "AND YOU LET HIM?"

Emma answering all worried "WELL I DIDNT SEE THE BIG DEAL SO OF COURSE I LET HIM"

"YOU'RE SUCH AN IDIOT" i huffed. i recollected my cool and ran out of the laundry room heading my way towards normans office. this albino can not find out that I like him, this will impact our friendship and I don't fancy that. everything should just stay the same like it is right now! nothing should change. I ended up at the front of Norman's office, I tried getting in but it was locked. In an attempt to peek in I saw a tall shadow behind the door, the same figure like Norman's. "NORMAN OPEN THE DOOR."

"OOH UM RAY.. err --just a moment!!"

ugh I don't have the patience for this, I strengthened up and ran towards the door, I kicked the door wide open and there I caught norman with the piece of paper I wrote when I was just 12 sitting on his hands. 

"OH YOU IDIOT YOU REALLY DONE IT NOW." I stomped towards Norman "HEY HEY.. NO NEED TO GET ANGRY!! LET US TALK THIS OUT?" Norman starts to get up from where he sat and backs up to the end of the wall. "WHAT GIVES YOU THE IDEA TO READ SOMETHING THAT ISN'T YOURS." "well the envelope was dirty and I was just gonna replace it but the letter said norman so I thought it was just fitting to read it?.... haha?" Norman let out his awkward frightened giggle, the one he would always let out when we played tag in the woods. of course, only when I was it though. this albino is certainly slow and it's quite manageable to catch up to him. I stomped over norman's desk and went closer to norman's face where all i could see is his two light ocean eyes. Norman let out a gulp, and his pale white skin face turned bright red in a quick flash. I didn't realize how close we were until I actually felt his breath hit against my face. after the realization, you could recognize how flustered I was by the blush appearing across my face. shit focus I thought to myself, I can't let my feelings get in the way over how angry I was that this Yeti had the nerve to read my privacy. I let out a sigh "how much did you read?"

"... all of it."

I slapped him.

Norman fell to the ground and rubbed his cheek with his palm, he agreed with my actions "i deserved that."

"ugh whatever, it doesn't matter anymore"

I walked away from him and sat on his desk with my hands in my pockets staring straight down at him. 

"boy likes boy, weird isn't it?"

"no, I'm not weirded out at all just surprised. i wouldn't suspect you, from all people. would have a crush on me"

"well i have feelings too. I'm not as emotionless as I seem to appear."

norman stood up from the ground and had direct eye contact with me. i raised a brow, he looked lost and confused. "what are you staring at idiot?" "Ray, how did you start to realize that you liked me?" "hmm i guess it's when you held my hand back at grace field when I started to have a random panic attack, you cared about me so much" i let out a soft smile and broke eye contact with him staring at the ground. i continued "when you held my hand, I felt my heart drop. that's when i started to feel butterflies for the first time. i had the sudden urge..." i looked back at him "to kiss you." Norman didn't say anything, I felt like I said too much. To break the silence I said, "haha but when you admitted that you liked emma I guess I just started to realize that we could never happen." norman replied with his soft sympathetic tone, "Ray..." "haha well, you can't always get what you want." I jump off norman's desk, "well ill see you later norman." I looked away from norman and walked towards the exit of his office. "RAY WAIT!!" norman cried out, I couldn't look back. I can't let my feelings risk normans and emmas relationship. I left normans office and went downstairs. oh how bad I wanna confess right now.

FEW MONTHS HAVE PASSED

NORMANS POV:

 Did ray really want to kiss me? Reading that note left me startled. I can't return Ray's feelings because I like Emma, I think? I don't know how feelings work. I sat back down to my desk putting my hands on my head while looking down at the darkwood table. well I've always thought Ray was cute... he looks even more charming now but Emma, shes stunning. I can't do this right now, I dont think I'm ready to be in a relationship. I'll just break up with Emma so I dont have to choose either one of them. As I got up from my desk and walked outside my office door, there stood Ray and Hayato together downstairs. I chuckled, seems like ray and hayato are starting to get along; as I was about to head downstairs, from the corner of my eye I saw hayato and ray holding hands. my heart stopped, i thought ray liked me so what is he doing with hayato. As I was walking down emma approached me

"heyyy so I know we just went out on a date and all but i was actually wondering when we were gonna go agai-"

i interrupted "ah- could it wait? i have some business to take care of." I continued to walk down the stairs leaving emma by herself. I started to proceed toward hayato and ray until Emma came back and stood in front of me blocking my view. "please norman I just really want to go on a date with you." in a hurry, I responded, "oh yes of course" putting my two hands on her shoulders "how about you go and plan out what we'll do later tonight" I smiled at her. Her eyes sparkled, her feet left the ground and she jumped as high as she could. "OOH OKAYY, ILL SEE YOU AT 10 PM!!" and she ran off, I watched her leave but when she disappeared from my sights I started to proceed toward the path I was taking until I recognized that ray and hayato were gone. I looked left and right, they just disappeared.