Chapter 19 - Safe in my arms.

Midoriya slowly opened his eyes, seeing a white ceiling. He looked around, seeing Shigaraki sleeping in a chair. He had tears. Bakugo killed him. He died and had to leave his children behind. He then felt movement and looked down, seeing both Tomu and Suki sleeping in his bed, cuddling him. Did Bakugo kill them also? He then heard a door and looked, seeing a nurse. 

"Your awake." She whispered and walked up, looking at his vitals.

"A-Awake?" Midoriya asked. The nurse gave a nod. 

"You have been out for a week. You woke up yesterday, allowing us to remove your feeding tube but you fell into a deep sleep after that. Its normal." She said and smiled at him. 

"I will send in a doctor." She said and walked out. Midoriya looked around the room, seeing tons of flowers and balloons. Was he not dead?

"Midoriya." He heard Shigaraki say and looked. He was awake and sitting up. Midoriya had tears. 

"S-Shigaraki." He said. Shigaraki walked up, bending down and kissed his husband. Midoriya knew he wasn't dead. He was alive and so was Shigaraki. 

"H-How...Bakugo..." He said, pulling away but Shigaraki kissed him again. 

"Don't. Never say his name again." Shigaraki said and pulled back. He had tears. 

"I killed him. I did. I decayed him. He won't be back." Shigaraki said. Midoriya smiled and pulled Shigaraki closer, hugging him. Shigaraki was careful of his children but hugged him back. Then they heard groans and looked. Tomu and Suki both woke and smiled. 

"Papa!" They yelled and hugged him. Midoriya hugged them tight.

"My babies. Your both safe. I..I thought..." He started and cried. Shigaraki sat on the bed and cupped Midoriya's face. 

"They ran and found me." Shigaraki said. They then heard a knock and Midoriya looked. It was Shoto, Dabi, Toga, Kirishima, Uraraka, and Iida. Midoriya smiled at them as they all walked in and gave him a hug one at a time. Midoriya couldn't stop smiling or crying. It felt like a dream. They couldn't stay long when the doctor came in to look at Midoriya and that visiting hours were over, but they would be back tomorrow. 

~The Next Day~

"So, You and Dabi are having a child?" Midoriya asked as Toga sat on his bed. She gave a nod and rubbed her stomach. Midoriya would still be in the hospital for another week healing, but his family and friends could come any time. Kurogiri was here for a bit before he had to leave for work again.   

"Yep. A little boy." She said and smiled. Dabi walked up and put a hand on Toga's shoulder.

"His name will be Midoriya." Dabi said. Midoriya was touched.

"You need to come see my class Midoriya, they would love you." Kirishima said. Midoriya gave a nod but Shigaraki gave a small laugh. 

"Lets wait till he gets out and is able to." Shigaraki said. The room was filled with laughter and Momo walked in, holding a little boys hand. 

"Shoto. I brought them." Momo said. Midoriya was ready to meet Shoto's family, but then they moved and All Might and Inko walked in. Midoriya looked at them. All Might had gotten older, but he was still alive. Inko was a bit thinner now, but he knew his mother anywhere. 

"Midoriya." All Might said. Midoriya had new tears. 

"A-All Might. M-Mom" Midoriya said. Inko ran and hugged him. He hugged her back. After she pulled back, All Might walked up and hugged him. 

"When they said you were alive...I...I couldn't believe it." He said and pulled back, looking at the man he gave his quirk too.

"I am so happy to be wrong." He said. Midoriya laughed through his tears. 

~One year later~ 

Midoriya sat up with a small scream. Shigaraki woke, sitting up and held him. 

"It's ok Midoriya. I'm here." Shigaraki said. Midoriya looked at him, calming down. 

"I...I saw him." Midoriya said. Shigaraki held his husband. 

"It's ok. Just remember what the therapist said." Shigaraki said. Midoriya gave a nod and took a deep breath. 

"He's dead. He can't hurt me." Midoriya chanted. Shigaraki pulled him onto his lap and held him. It would always help and Midoriya calmed down right away. 

"Better?" Shigaraki asked. Midoriya gave a nod and looked at him. Shigaraki smiled and kissed him. Midoriya kissed him back before Shigaraki moved him back and laid down, pulling Midoriya closer.

"He can't hurt you. Your in my arms. Your safe." Shigaraki said. Midoriya smiled and cuddled into his husbands chest, falling into a deep sleep. Shigaraki smiled but gave a frown after. The therapist had told them that Midoriya would be waking from nightmares for years, maybe for the rest of his life. Shigaraki held Midoriya closer. 

'I wish I could kill him again.' Shigaraki thought and saw the bedroom door open. It was Suki and Tomu. 

"Daddy, is papa ok?" She asked. Shigaraki smiled. 

"He had a nightmare. Want to help me cuddle him?" He asked them. Suki gave a nod and crawled into the bed. Shigaraki moved a bit she she could squeeze in the middle and held Midoriya. Tomu walked over and sat on the bed. 

"I can take her back when she falls sleep." He said. Shigaraki smiled. 

"No. Its ok. Come. There is room." He said, moving a bit more. Tomu smiled and moved, slipping in next to his sister, being close to Shigaraki. He smiles at that. Tomu had started school and Suki was learning with Midoriya to control her explosions. At first, Shigaraki was worried it might trigger an attack on Midoriya, but it never happened. Midoriya had even said it helped him because Suki was nothing like the monster that held them captive. Midoriya also was working on becoming a hero like he wanted and next week was his exam for his hero license. He couldn't have been more proud of them.

Shigaraki watched his family as they slept and slowly closed his eyes, falling asleep has he held them in his arms. They were all save now. 

Safe in a grip not even his decay could destroy. 

The End.